My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

picture breakup

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

allan.flo

Hello everyone I have been reading this forum as a guest but as I now have a problem with my Fox T2 hdr picture I've registered....
    The problem is that after about an hours running, the picture starts to break up.My thought is that the PSU may have a faulty capacitor
    so I wondered if anyone had any other solutions?If you agree with me do you know where to obtain replacement parts,and if you have any advice on how to proceed?Thanks for your time. allan.flo

| Sat 2 Jun 2012 13:20:07 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not heard of anyone reporting issues with PSU capacitors on the HDR Fox T2 before.

Is the unit well ventilated is my first thought.

| Sat 2 Jun 2012 15:09:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

allan.flo

Hi Barry The unit is alone on a shelf so ventilation shouldn't be a problem.The reason I suspect the psu is because I had exactly the same problem with a toppy which was solved by fitting a new psu.

| Sat 2 Jun 2012 22:32:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

allan.flo - 21 hours ago  » 
    The problem is that after about an hours running, the picture starts to break up.My thought is that the PSU may have a faulty capacitor

It could be rather a lot of things. Is the break up present both when watching live and when watching recordings? Is the unit still under warranty (two years)?

| Sun 3 Jun 2012 10:38:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

allan.flo

Thanks Martin. No it isn't under warranty and I switch off as soon as the break up starts, so I shall check if the break up is being recorded and post what happens.

| Sun 3 Jun 2012 11:27:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

allan.flo

Have recorded the programmes which are breaking up the most and the break up IS being recorded.does this suggest that it is the signal?
    I re-installed all channels last night and all the BBC channels and the local Granada channels were fine others such as itv3 QVC etc either were breaking or not installed....Aerial???

| Mon 4 Jun 2012 11:14:34 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Check your channel list for channels numbers over 800. If you have then your local transmitter channels may be in the 800's. If so post and you will get instructions as to how manual tune your box.

| Mon 4 Jun 2012 16:20:57 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

allan.flo

Thanks Graham I have manually tuned the box but the missing channels whilst showing up in 800's were completely scrambled.
    I should say that I normally get the Welsh channels in addition to the English but can't get them even manually tuning.

| Mon 4 Jun 2012 22:26:48 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you have correctly manually tuned the box you won't have any channels in the 800's.

| Mon 4 Jun 2012 22:50:37 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

allan.flo

There is definitely something wrong with the humax.I connected the aerial directly to the tv, (disconnecting the humax) retuned and received ALL channels without any interference. Prior to that I watched film4 for 2 hours via the humax when the picture break up started and was the same on the itv channels. BBC was ok!

| Tue 5 Jun 2012 0:56:14 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.