My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Picture corrupting on recordings

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigdyl69

Hi, I have the Foxsat HDR which has been great since I took back a pretty useless Sagem box and paid the extra for this one. Lately though I'm getting some occasional picture corruption when I watch recordings made from HD channels, mainly Match of the Day on BBC 1 HD. Parts of the picture occasionally go blocky and distorted but the sound is fine. The signal strength is good (90% strength, 100% quality) and it hasn't always done this. I've tried reading through this forum and google to find anything similar but I can't. Just wondered if anyone has had anything similar happen and may be able to offer some advice? Thanks

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 14:05:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. I have 100/100 and very very occasionly seen similar. It seems to date from when the BBC changed to 8PSK 23000 2/3 to squeeze some extra bandwidth from the transponder (44.5 Mbps) which has comprimised signal robustness a little. Perhaps contacting the BBC might get a definitive answer.

It may well get better when it transfers to new UK spot beam transponder (now not expected until Astra 2E launches Q2 2013). The tighter beam will increase signal strength in the primary footprint area.

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 14:30:23 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigdyl69

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it may have something to do with it but I haven't noticed any corruption when I watch BBC 1 HD, only seems to do it with recordings so I'm a little stumped

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 23:34:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Probably a stupid suggestion, but make sure that the box is well ventilated. Don't forget, it's not just the signal coming into the dish which can add breakup to the picture - corruption on the harddrive because it's running too hot is a possibility. I first noticed this when I did a hard drive swap in a TiVo box a while ago.

| Wed 5 Dec 2012 11:32:57 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigdyl69

I don't think it's getting too hot, there's loads of room and good ventilation all round the PVR. I've checked it when running and it doesn't get too hot to touch neither

| Fri 7 Dec 2012 22:30:49 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.