My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Picture Format on Recordings

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gallimaufry

PVR-9300T
    Until recently when I was playing recordings of old programmes from freeview channels (eg old Taggart) which were originally produced in a 'squarish' format the screen automatically adapted to the appropriate format. Now, the picture remains wide which means it is distorted by the width being stretched. Using the 'wide' button on the remote is having no effect on the recorded picture.
    It is always possible I may have inadvertently changed a setting but if I have I can't find it.
    Any suggestions?

| Fri 25 Apr 2014 11:38:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

On a 16:9 TV I find that via scart I need to change the aspect on the TV not the SD Humax. The 9300T user guide states that the wide button is for when you are connected to a 4:3 TV. For a 16:9 TV the 9300T user guide states that you need to adjust the TV - not the Humax.

Are you using SCART or HDMI?
    Have you switched from using SCART to using HDMI?
    Have you switched from using HDMI to using SCART?
    Presumably you are using a 16:9 TV?
    Is the Humax aspect ratio still set to 16:9? MENU >> Preferences >> A/V control.

It may be also due to brodcasting error. Have you any recordings which you have already played OK but no longer play OK?

| Fri 25 Apr 2014 12:53:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gallimaufry

Luke,
    I checked it out at the weekend and found that if I set the TV aspect to 14:9 while playing the recording the picture was corrected. When I stopped play and went back to TV view the picture format automatically reverted to 16:9 which is what I remembered happening previously. The TV aspect was set to auto before I set it to 14:9, which must have happened inadvertently at some time. However all is well now.
    Many thanks.

| Mon 28 Apr 2014 10:06:29 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.