My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

picture freeze on fvp-5000t

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wires13

bought a brand new fvp 5000t in jan,since last week the picture constantly freezes comes up no siganal had a brand new aerial fitted a few months ago so the signal is fine,,at the moment the only way I can watch my tv is by passing the box and putting aerial in tv,any advise would be fab

| Wed 10 Jul 2019 8:45:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Just to clarify, what sort of brand new aerial are you talking about? Up on the roof, in the loft or on top of the TV?

| Wed 10 Jul 2019 9:05:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

wires13

fixed on the roof on a ext pole

| Wed 10 Jul 2019 9:17:00 #3 |
  4. Trev

Trev

special member

Where do you live (nearby postcode) and which transmitter do you receive from? Is the problem on all channels? If not, which are the problematic channels? Do you normally feed the TV aerial via the 5000t?

The signal could be too 'fine' with your new aerial. What are the signal strength/quality readings from the 5000t and the TV (when you can get a picture even if it's blocking)?

There are high pressure atmospheric 'lifts' on at this time that can cause co channel interference causing picture breakup.

| Wed 10 Jul 2019 9:51:03 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wires13 - 1 hour ago  » 
    bought a brand new fvp 5000t in jan,since last week the picture constantly freezes comes up no siganal had a brand new aerial fitted a few months ago so the signal is fine,,at the moment the only way I can watch my tv is by passing the box and putting aerial in tv,any advise would be fab

The first thing to tell us is the signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax (Freeview button>Settings>Channel settings>Signal test)

| Wed 10 Jul 2019 10:45:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Robbie34

I got a new Humax FVP-5000 last Friday and had the same problem. I contacted Humax who told me to go to a factory re-set. There was also a recorded message when I 'phoned Humax which mentioned this problem and said an update had been sent out.

| Tue 16 Jul 2019 16:56:45 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.