My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Picture Freezes

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rjbcollege

Whilst watching pretty much any app, definitely including Amazon Prime and also YouTube, the picture will occasionally freeze but the sound continues to play. After trying many things, the best work around I've found is to skip backwards a few minutes or so
    (long enough to ensure it's not in the range that's buffered) and force it to rebuffer the video. It then continues past the previous point of failure, often to happen again later on.
    This is quite a frequent occurrence. For example, it's happened 3 times so far on this one 27 minute YouTube video. At other times it can play all evening without this occuring once.

| Fri 29 Apr 2022 16:19:59 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

rjbcollege

Obviously I've checked that the broadband is working ok at the time, just to preempt your question.
    I've also started to use a wired connection instead of WiFi but that has not resolved this issue.

| Fri 29 Apr 2022 16:23:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

I have this same issue on YouTube so much so that I have given up using the aura for this and now use the TV functionality instead

| Sat 30 Apr 2022 10:02:08 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I have the same issue, if I pause YouTube or Plex too long, the picture will still remain static when I press play, but the sound continues. As you say, doing a skip either backwards or forwards cures it.

| Sat 30 Apr 2022 10:55:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterukwp

I have the same problem on you tube picture freezes , sound continues usually after adverts. I now watch you tube on tv with no problems. This box is gradually failing in lots of places.

| Sun 1 May 2022 8:50:14 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

phlppip

special member

It's just shite now really these are only small things but are bloody annoying and mount up

| Sun 1 May 2022 9:29:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

phlppip - 59 mins ago  » 
    It's just shite now really these are only small things but are bloody annoying and mount up

To save a phone call, have you tried a factory reset?

| Sun 1 May 2022 10:29:52 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.