My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Picture freezing when going into advert breaks

(7 posts)
  1. Manclad

Manclad

Watching "The Post" on 4HD, every time it goes to an advert break the picture freezes or at least loses sound.
    Anyone else experiencing this? Or experienced similar in the past on the Aura?

| Sat 3 Jul 2021 21:22:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Manclad - 6 mins ago  » 
    Watching "The Post" on 4HD, every time it goes to an advert break the picture freezes or at least loses sound.

You cannot skip ads on 4-HD catchup without paying for the option. Record the content using the box series recording options and use the built in ad skipping options.

| Sat 3 Jul 2021 21:37:37 #2 |
  3. Manclad

Manclad

grahamlthompson - 8 mins ago  » 

Manclad - 6 mins ago  » 

You cannot skip ads on 4-HD catchup without paying for the option. Record the content using the box series recording options and use the built in ad skipping options.

I'm not on catchup, I was/am watching Channel4HD (104) live and experiencing the problem as described. Doesn't happen on every advert break, but thought I'd ask now just on case someone is experiencing similar.

| Sat 3 Jul 2021 21:48:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Flowerpower

Hi Manclad, I've had the same intermittent problem recently with watching recordings. When an advert comes we jump forward. When we start to play again we have picture but no sound. If we stop playback and start again the sound is normal. Noticed it yesterday when watching a recordings of 'First Manuals on Channel 4HD.

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 8:16:59 #4 |
  5. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Manclad - 12 hours ago  » 

I had a freeze whilst recording a programme and watching it too at same time but not from the recording list. I went out of the room when I came back the picture had frozen, I think it was at the ad break too. Sorry I’m a bit vague about it. Will try to reproduce it.

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 9:56:30 #5 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

Paul Bton - 42 mins ago  » 

Manclad - 12 hours ago  » 

I had a freeze whilst recording a programme and watching it too at same time but not from the recording list. I went out of the room when I came back the picture had frozen, I think it was at the ad break too. Sorry I’m a bit vague about it. Will try to reproduce it.

Just looked back. It was on a recording on Ch4 last Sunday I think, I was recording Mission impossible: Ghost Protocol. On playback just after the adverts the recording playback freezes and then I can skip forward and playback resumes. First with no sound then after another skip sound resumes. I have the Recording failed symbol on the recording list.
    I know it is better to watch a recording from the playlist but sometimes you want to press instant record and carry on watching as you might not stay watching until the end.

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 10:55:05 #6 |
  7. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

I had a freeze after watching something on the TV’s Disney + app. When I came back to watching through Aura Hdmi 1 feed the picture had frozen on a programme from about an hour ago. I pressed skip forward and the picture unfroze.

| Mon 5 Jul 2021 10:22:15 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.