My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Picture lost after June 2013 update

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Since the June 2013 update I have almost no luck getting a picture. When I hard power cycle the box and then bring it out of standby I get the initial blue Humax picture in 720p fine, but part way through the "Please Wait" on the front panel the picture just goes blank. This may be the point at which it used to change to 1080p. About 1 time in 10 I get a picture with the colours all wrong when the box tunes into BBC1 HD at the end of booting. If I then physically disconnect and reconnect the HDMI led the picture comes back correct and I can use the box.

TV is unchanged, it doesn't have firmware updates. I've tried a different HDMI lead and socket to no avail. My HDR Fox T2 works fine with the same HDMI lead and socket into the TV, as does my OPPO 95 blu ray player. So I'm pretty certain it is the DTR T1000 at fault. I use Eco Mode high but it was just as bad in low when I was using the iOS remote app.

This is so bad it makes the box virtually unusable. What did they change in the June update around HDMI sync? I've not had any trouble with any of the other firmware updates.

If this were an HDR Fox T2 at this point I'd re-install the previous software to get it working again. But this being Youview control freakery I don't get that choice.

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 14:23:53 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I suggest you look over on the Youview forums where I seem to recall one or two others have reported similar problems.

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 15:36:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

I don't even recall where the YouView forums are, I found them so utterly uninspiring. When did they turn into a useful resource?

Can you provide a link to the forums or a particular posting I should be looking at?

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 16:26:02 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Link from the Youview web site. While the forum software is the worst I have ever used the contributions are the usual mix of the helpful and the not so helpful.

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 16:34:16 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

OK I've created an id for myself on the YouView forums and created a topic, I couldn't find anything that looked similar though it is a very busy site with lots of postings.

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 17:16:04 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Try connecting with scart and changing the YV output resolution.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 0:48:44 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

What's a YV output resolution? I know HDMI normally uses component colour space but that's YUV.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 2:05:14 #7 |
  8. gomezz

gomezz

special member

YV = YouView.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 7:13:03 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Barry - 14 hours ago  » 

That's the best suggestion anyone has made. I had literally forgotten the DTR-T1000 has a scart output.

| Sun 14 Jul 2013 14:59:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

OK I tried the SCART output and that works. But whether I set the HDMI to 720p, 1080i or 1080p I still get no picture on HDMI. I tried changing the sound format on HDMI between Stereo and Surround (I don't use HDMI sound so it's irrelevant) and that made no difference either.

So I'm reduced to watching the DTR-T1000 by SCART, and Composite video at that since it doesn't seem to be outputting RGB. I've looked for menus to enable RGB and I can't find any, have I missed something?

This is really annoying, I use the DTR-T1000 mainly for the wider range of catch up TV it offers (used ITV Player tonight). It's 2013 and I'm reduced to composite video, this is ridiculous.

Ideally I'd now install the previous software which worked fine for me. But this is YouView and they dictate to me what software I should run on equipment I paid money for. That's not right. I paid for it I should be able to run any release I want.

| Sun 21 Jul 2013 1:07:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.