1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Which TV and model.

| Sun 21 Jul 2013 6:16:37 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

TV is a Sony KDL-26E4000. A few years old, has no ethernet and doesn't do firmware updates.

It's a 1366 x 768 26 inch model, but it accepts 1080p24 by HDMI which is great for watching blu rays. I output at 1080p to it so that there is only one set of scaling going on for HD pictures, in the TV itself. The picture seemed marginally better this way when I tested the various ways round of doing things.

Here it is on the Sony web site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tv-66-26-lcd/kdl-26e4000

| Sun 21 Jul 2013 10:48:02 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Think it might be worth playing around with the Brava Sync menu (or turning it off) - See Manual P.19-20.

| Sun 21 Jul 2013 11:02:30 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

It's been years since I've looked at the Sony menus, indeed I may never have played with Bravia Sync in the first place. I'll give it a go, since CEC is a new feature in this software release on the DTR-T1000 it does seem worth a try.

| Sun 21 Jul 2013 11:14:30 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Well I already had Control For HDMI turned Off on the TV. So I turned it on and searched for devices with the DTR-T1000 switched on and its input selected on the TV. No devices found. I remember now, this TV has never found any HDMI devices, not my Oppo 95 blu ray or my Humax HDR Fox T2.

So despite not finding devices I tried power cycling the TV and DTR-T1000 now the HDMI control was enabled on the TV. No difference, still no picture on HDMI. I played around with all the settings for a while but still couldn't get any picture so I've disabled HDMI Control on the TV again.

The only bright side is today the DTR-T1000 is outputting RGB on SCART which is giving a more stable picture at least. Why there was no RGB last night is a mystery, I've not changed anything in that area.

So why can't the HDMI control stuff be disabled on the DTR-T1000? Given incompatibilities between devices this would seem wise. I'm not sure that's my problem though, it looks like the basic HDMI and HDCP handshake fails. After the initial 720p display for the boot up screen I see absolutely nothing and the TV reports no further sync.

| Sun 21 Jul 2013 13:24:52 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Last Idea - if you get the output to 720p (so that it is constant) do you get any joy?.

SCART I think will have priority over HDMI. (It does on my Philips)

| Sun 21 Jul 2013 13:45:26 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

SCART does indeed take priority due to the auto switching feature which actually works on SCART unlike HDMI (there's a lesson in the perils of complexity in that). I've been doing all this with the SCART disconnected.

I've tried setting the DTR-T1000 to 720p and no joy. Someone pointed out over on the YouView forums that the boot up screen has no HDCP it's just straight video. So the theory is that the HDCP fails when the video output changes once the DTR-T1000 is part wat through booting.

I just hope either YouView or Humax fix this on the next firmware update, because for now it looks like I'm reduced to RGB SCART. I'll be using YouView even less than I was previously I suspect because of this, I've stopped bothering to set it to record things and am relying entriely on my HDR Fox T2 for that.

| Sun 21 Jul 2013 14:10:20 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Squuiid

My Epson EH-TW9100W/9020UBe projector's (WiHD compliant) transmitter, model number WIT2-F0, also will not show a picture when using HDMI on the Humax DTR-T1010 Youview box.
    I have no problems with 5 other HDMI sources, the YV box is the only one which doesn't work. The Humax logo appears but then no picture. I've tried different HDMI cables, placed an HDMI switcher in the path to do mid point handshaking, and have tried different resolutions, to no avail.
    I am running the latest July2013 YV software update,with factory defaults, which supposedly resolved some HDMI handshaking problems. Clearly there are still some to be resolved.
    I will unfortunately be returning the box unless I get a response from YV/Humax in the next few days.

| Wed 14 Aug 2013 16:40:37 #18 |
  9. nigelmercier

nigelmercier

Owen Smith - 3 months ago  » 
    ... But whether I set the HDMI to 720p, 1080i or 1080p I still get no picture on HDMI...
    So I'm reduced to watching the DTR-T1000 by SCART, and Composite video at that since it doesn't seem to be outputting RGB...

I have exactly the same problem since the 25 October update. HDMI output comes and goes, sometimes all magenta, no RGB. I have also found that the SCART output sometimes mutes the sound, if I then check the HDMI it has come back.

http://community.youview.com/youview/topics/humax_youview_hdmi_output_is_often_magenta_or_blank

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 14:15:31 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Don't hold me to this, I see to recollect. that this box has some issues with scart when a HDMI connection is present.

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 15:04:26 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.