My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Picture lost after June 2013 update

(33 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SteveA

The only issue was that onscreen graphics were not displayed on the analogue outputs when the HDMI connection was present. There were no stability or colour problems.

There was a rumour that they were going to fix this, so maybe the "fix" has caused a problem!

I derive a composite signal from the HDMI so I don't have anything connected to the SCART and haven't noticed any of these problems.

| Fri 8 Nov 2013 16:05:17 #21 |
  2. nigelmercier

nigelmercier

3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

I have just had feedback from Humax ref RGB problem. I still use a CRT TV with Scart & reported the problem to them + also sent them a DVD video showiing the problem a few weeks ago. Well, today, their technical team/customer service dept have agreed that their is an issue. It was suggested that I simply switched box off for 1min 30 sec & all would be ok (!!). This is not acceptable & I am currently awaiting further feedback from Humax as I reply to this forum, as at today 10th Dec 2013. I think the problem has not been reported enough simply because most consumers use HDMI only & may not be aware of fault. Even so, RGB scart can also be used if connected to DVD recorder for copying recordings. You have to keep going into the menu to set RGB back to CBVS & then back to RGB & it resets itself until the next time! It is not the fault of the TV - I have tried PVR on various TVs & all do the same thing. My other Humax 9200 & 9300 never had thsi problem. Anyone else reading this, please test your box by switching off (not unplugging) & back on straight away & you will get same problem with RGB picture display on your TV. You can clearly see problem if you look at EPG & Menus: fuzzy or clear with RGB. If you do, PLEASE conatct Humax directly. I am sure with enough complaints they will take notice more!

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 20:29:08 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Well I've finally had enough of RGB SCART even for occasional viewing (HDR Fox T2 is my primary box) and it seems obvious this HDCP problem isn't going to be fixed in a software update. So I've ordered a box that strips HDCP, hopefully that should restore my picture. It's very annoying when supposed copy protection systems cause loss of picture, and I have no qualms about the legality of what I'm doing. I'm not actually copying anything, just making it work again.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 12:18:40 #24 |
  5. nigelmercier

nigelmercier

Owen Smith - 1 hour ago  » 
    ... it seems obvious this HDCP problem isn't going to be fixed in a software update. So I've ordered a box that strips HDCP...

Got a link?

If this turns out to be the problem, I will be furious.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 13:54:25 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

The device I've ordered is this:

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004F9LVXC/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1/?tag=blusas008-21

Note it comes with a US power adaptor, but I believe it runs off 5V dc so I'm planning to power it from the DTR-T1000's rear USB or my TV's side USB to avoid yet another permanently powered small device.

The booting screen always works, this does not use HDCP. Once the box is fully up and switches resolution the HDCP is active which is when things start to go wrong. It started in the software update that implemented HDMI CEC so they may have fiddled with other HDMI stuff.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 14:14:53 #26 |
  7. nigelmercier

nigelmercier

Owen Smith - 7 minutes ago  » 
    The device I've ordered is this&tag=blusas008-21...

Handy to have a second HDMI output as well. Note that it has a UK compatible power supply, just a US plug.

ViewHD&tag=blusas008-21 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 14:25:48 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

I've been told Sony don't implement HDCP correctly so technically it may be my TV at fault not the DTR-T1000. But I've had an Arcam DVD player, Oppo blu ray player and Humax HDR Fox T2 all work fine so clearly the Sony issues can be dealt with and I blame the DTR-T1000.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 14:25:50 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Owen Smith - 28 minutes ago  » 
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004F9LVXC/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1&tag=blusas008-21

Interesting device; let us know how it works.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 14:43:45 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Owen Smith - 27 minutes ago  » 
    https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004F9LVXC/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1/?tag=blusas008-21
    Note it comes with a US power adaptor, but I believe it runs off 5V dc so I'm planning to power it from the DTR-T1000's rear USB or my TV's side USB to avoid yet another permanently powered small device.
    The booting screen always works, this does not use HDCP. Once the box is fully up and switches resolution the HDCP is active which is when things start to go wrong. It started in the software update that implemented HDMI CEC so they may have fiddled with other HDMI stuff.

Why do you think it will strip HDCP ? Splitters can be very picky, and in fact you are likely to introduce two handshakes instead of one. Box to splitter, splitter to TV.

| Sun 12 Jan 2014 14:43:56 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.