My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Picture pauses when watching from a recording

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I’ve noticed that if I’m watching a recording (whilst it is being recorded and I’m behind the live time) it sometimes just pauses for a few seconds and then starts again - not caused by me! Anyone else?

| Fri 27 Nov 2020 22:30:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

boogersa - 12 hours ago  » 
    I’ve noticed that if I’m watching a recording (whilst it is being recorded and I’m behind the live time) it sometimes just pauses for a few seconds and then starts again - not caused by me! Anyone else?

Is your box WIFI connected or hard wired. Suspect it might be down to WiFi connection.

Mine is hard wired but I will see IF I can replicate this.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 10:33:32 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have set a recording at 10:00 today on BBC1 HD. I will start viewing it about 15 mins after it started.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 11:00:27 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Watched it for 30 mins with no issues. Download a WiFI Analyzer or similar for a mobile device. Place it close to the Aura location. I use a single pair of homeplugs between my router and have a 16 way network switch that uses the Homeplugs to get wired connections for all my kit

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ARQWHMK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&psc=1

It runs at around 300 Mbps which is 3 times faster than my isp download speed.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 11:48:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I don’t see how WiFi comes into it. I’m watching a few minutes behind of a live freeview channel that is being recorded. I am watching it from the scheduled recording as it is happening not on the live channel itself if that makes sense. Without me pausing it stops and the screen freezes and then will start again but jumps forwards the few seconds it was stopped for. I’m waiting for the attenuator I ordered so once I know this is working I can see if it still happens or maybe it’s all wrapped up in a too strong signal.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 12:20:04 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

boogersa - 21 mins ago  » 
    I don’t see how WiFi comes into it. I’m watching a few minutes behind of a live freeview channel that is being recorded. I am watching it from the scheduled recording as it is happening not on the live channel itself if that makes sense. Without me pausing it stops and the screen freezes and then will start again but jumps forwards the few seconds it was stopped for. I’m waiting for the attenuator I ordered so once I know this is working I can see if it still happens or maybe it’s all wrapped up in a too strong signal.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 12:42:18 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 7 secs ago  » 

If you rewind a few minutes does it always happen at the same place. If so it must be on the recording. Signal clipping is a definite possibility.

If you stream to the aura app WiFI is also a possible candidate. Any issues streaming 4K from Youtube ?

No sign of this on my box.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 12:44:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I’ve not been able to do proper diagnostics on this but next time it happens I will. I will update this thread when I do...

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 13:02:47 #8 |
  9. Mars

Mars

special member

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

If you rewind a few minutes does it always happen at the same place. If so it must be on the recording. Signal clipping is a definite possibility.
    If you stream to the aura app WiFI is also a possible candidate. Any issues streaming 4K from Youtube ?

How could anyone stream to the non-existent Aura app?

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 17:58:47 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mars - 12 mins ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

How could anyone stream to the non-existent Aura app?

I was making the point as and when the app becomes available.

| Sat 28 Nov 2020 18:11:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.