My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Picture/sound breakup and other probs with 9150

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

For a while now I've been getting sound & picture breakup witth some recorded programmes - a sort of fast-forward. If I stop the playback, reverse and then play again it's usually OK. Irritating but I can live with it if I have to.

However, for the last couple of days I've been having problems with the sound whilst watching live TV through the AV. I'd lose the sound, change channels back & forth a few times and it comes back. No problem if I use the aerial input.

Final straw - I missed the last episode of the Pallisers (I know, I know). I had it on series record and apart from one other episode which didn't get recorded, the final episode got replaced with some rubbish game show.

Has my Humax finally reached the end? I did replace the hard drive a couple of years ago, but wonder if it's worth doing again?

Thanks for any help.

| Fri 4 Mar 2016 9:07:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Did you replace the HDD with a dedicated AV consumer HDD or a PC HDD - this can make a significant difference to the operation of the product, especially in the longer term.

| Fri 4 Mar 2016 10:06:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sadie

It was this one, Western Digital 320GB SATA 3.5" Hard Drive 16MB Cache, recommended on this forum probably when I was looking for recommendations. It has been perfectly OK until the last week or so. I paid about £25 for it and I'm not sure it's worth spending that amount again on this Humax, if the problem might not be the drive.

| Fri 4 Mar 2016 10:14:18 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.