My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

'Planned' Recordings List Question

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

Perhaps this is the way that freesat/Humax PVRs are designed, but I just want to check...

In my list of Planned recordings I have several programmes on series links that show in the Planner at a date that has passed (i.e. earlier than today's 07.01).

To give one example:
    Queen Victoria's Children had 3 episodes and the last one recorded on the 3rd of Jan. However, in the Planned recordings list, the programme is still listed against a date of the 3rd of Jan, even though there are no more episodes to come. It does have the option to 'cancel series recordings', but even if it (wrongly) thinks there are further episodes to record, should the Planner not show the date of the next episode, rather than an old date?

There are other examples, but surely a future planner should never show a passed date?

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 12:20:41 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's the way that Freesat+ and Freeview+ works.

The system doesn't have a method of indicating the last episode of a series has been transmitted.

The same will happen if the next episode isn't yet in the epg, until it is the schedule will have the last recorded episode date.

The box will continue checking the epg for another event for 13 weeks and then delete itself if nothing is found. 13 weeks is the minimum time allowed before a broadcaster can recycle the crids.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 12:31:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DevonLad

Thanks Graham, I understand now. The '13 week' info is also very useful.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 13:18:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 4 hours ago  » The system doesn't have a method of indicating the last episode of a series has been transmitted.

Aah, that's why I'm having to manually edit the Planned Recordings.
    Thanks.

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 16:50:39 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.