My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Planned software update for FVP 4000T

(112 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Mine (4000) got updated overnight.
    Unfortunately some of the functionality has been removed.
    When you press the OK button you get some information about what is on the current channel, and you can select 'blue' to see the channel list. What you can no longer do is find out what is on later either on the current channel or any others, although you can see what is currently being broadcast on these. It's the right arrow functionality that is missing.

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 12:12:00 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Luddym - 12 minutes ago  » 
    I've been using the 5000t software on my 4000t.
    The update downloaded ok (over Lan) but when it rebooted to install the update the screen went black and my TV reported "no signal" for almost 5 minutes.
    Panicking, I pressed both power off buttons on the remote as I wasn't going to unplug the item after so short a time. After turning the TV back on the update was starting to install. I have CEC off.

Similar issue when I tested the 5000T software on 4000T unit, reverting back to 4000T software resulted in same as yourself, power cycle of unit worked for me.

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 12:12:35 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

J_Oz - 2 minutes ago  » 
    When you press the OK button you get some information about what is on the current channel, and you can select 'blue' to see the channel list. What you can no longer do is find out what is on later either on the current channel or any others, although you can see what is currently being broadcast on these. It's the right arrow functionality that is missing.

OK, right on current channel works for me.

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 12:14:53 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Barry - 3 minutes ago  » 

J_Oz - 2 minutes ago  » 

OK, it does for me as long as I don't do it via 'blue' for channel list

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 12:20:40 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If you miss out on the IP download which I believe is a phased roll out, then you can download from Humax Support site for USB upload:

Link

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 12:20:45 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUKNW

I had to manually select upgrade Software, OTA, on both my 4000T's

Initial impression...

1) The background to the EPG can now be set to black, no annoying background images

2) The Recordings button on my 5000T remote, supplied with my recent 4000T, now works

3) I like the menus laid out across the top of the screen, much better

Now, a fun day ahead checking it all out !!

EXTRA:

This could be a fantastic option.
    Enabling something called a Samba Server, it looks like you can download recorded programmes to a PC, though whether it would work with Apple OSX ?

Or perhaps it's only for self loaded Videos ?

I also like the multiple line LIST option for programmes, either recorded or scheduled, much better, many more items per page.

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 12:24:21 #16 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You can see what the differences were between the 4000 and 5000T vis this FAQ:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/current-differences-between-fvp-4000t-and-5000t

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 12:47:38 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JPLS

Barry - 3 minutes ago »

J_Oz - 2 minutes ago »

OK, it does for me as long as I don't do it via 'blue' for channel list

Also if you press left you can see what you have missed!

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 13:02:46 #18 |
  9. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

HumaxUKNW - 43 minutes ago  » 

I also like the multiple line LIST option for programmes, either recorded or scheduled, much better, many more items per page.

I can certainly see more items in the schedule than I could previously, 10 as opposed to almost 5, which is far better, but the List View in recordings is showing 9 items, which is 3 fewer than the 12 the old Grid displayed.

The new Grid view now shows 16 recordings, 4 more than the old Grid and 7 more than the new List, so despite my numerous requests in the past for a list view, I am going to stick with the new, improved Grid.

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 13:17:24 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mlavende

So basically I could have saved myself a few quid by buying a 4000T rather than a 5000T now that the new firmware is out.

I assume that's right since both boxes have the same hardware and now, in effect, run the same firmware.

Feeling a bit peeved!

-Mat

| Tue 20 Feb 2018 15:20:43 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.