My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Player content has disappeared

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

seefive

Newbie here been lurking for some months.

I have had a 1000s Freetime box since release with no significant problems. As per topic title, tonight, I cannot see any programs in either BBC or ITV catchup player. My network is up and running fine - 1000s is connected ok.

I also tried going to channel 903 for ITV player rather than the EPG route. I got an error message "A problem has occurred with the content. Press BACK to return. Press EXIT to restart", each of which just returned to the error message. Pressed Guide and all was well, but still no player content.

I have powered down the box (standby, then removing power) and restarted. Still the same.

My question is, is this likely to be my box or the service taken down for some reason (hopefully to add the other players...)?

| Thu 14 Feb 2013 23:44:31 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Have you tried resseting to default settings?

| Fri 15 Feb 2013 10:41:45 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Does Showcase look normal?

| Fri 15 Feb 2013 12:27:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

seefive

Hi. Thanks for the replies folks.

1) No I have not reset to default settings as I do not want to risk losing my recordings. If I can be assured that I will not lose them then I will give that a try.

2) Showcase is empty.

No change on catchup - still empty.

Thanks again.

| Fri 15 Feb 2013 20:57:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

seefive

OK, now have done a factory reset. Still SNAFU.

no players.

| Sat 16 Feb 2013 0:21:52 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

This suggests no network connectivity to the internet or a bad DNS setting.

Check the IP address on the HDR-1000S in system info - network settings and try to ping it from another host on your lan.
    If that works check your DHCP settings on your router and conpare with those set on your PC (if manual not using the SAME HDCP server).

| Sat 16 Feb 2013 10:20:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

seefive

Hi folks.

Decided to have a bit of a focus on this today, and we have success.

Despite the 1000s saying the network was connected and giving me an ip address, and every other machine working ok on the network, that was where the issue was. I pinged it from a laptop as advised, and it responded fine, which would indicate that it was ok, but still no network content on epg or showcase.

In the end, tried the obvious once more - powered off my wireless bridge, then removed the power to the 1000s, waited a while and brought up the bridge, then the 1000s.

We now have it all back again. In my mind, I am thinking that the 1000s was ok all along, but maybe the bridge had got its knickers in a twist.

Thanks for the pointers. It was a great help.

| Sun 17 Feb 2013 12:19:40 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.