My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Plex media server HDR-1100S

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

disarmamant

Hello everyone.

My first post here, I knew it would not be very long before I was seeking help with my new HDR-1100S.

I bought the box as it featured the ability to stream movies and videos from a DLNA server. However I can'y get it to see any files on my server.

My server is a Vortexbox with the Plex Media server running. The vortexbox is Fedora Linux based and it's running the Logitech Media Server for my Squeezebox Transporter, the Roon Core server for streaming music to my Devialet Hi-Fi amplifer and the Plex server, which I was hoping would work with the Humax box.

The Humax box can see the server, but the folders containing my movies and video's etc are not showing, just the default empty folders.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Any idea's why I can't see anything in the Plex server?

I'd be grateful of any guidance from anyone who is using a Plex server like this.

Many thanks

Martin

| Mon 28 Aug 2017 18:11:07 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I assume the DLNA option is active and the settings are as follows https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200350536-DLNA - The DLNA default protocol being especially important (so that Plex can transcode other formats, I presume).

What is the content type you are trying to stream and if a container what is the actual content?

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 12:07:59 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

disarmamant

Many thanks for your reply. I did have the DLNA option activated, it looks like it was a default setting. However I ended up having to re-boot the Vortexbox server and it seems to be working OK now.

| Tue 29 Aug 2017 21:57:23 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.