My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Poor freeview reception

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Malnmag

Since Freeview introduced Quest red on channel 38 we have been unable to get reception on channels 38 and several others. We have repeatedly retuned both automatically and manually and also tried retuning channels and frequencies. Have also tried retuning without the aerial to clear the memory and done a factory default settings - all to no avail. Any suggestions any one ??

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 22:18:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Malnmag - 38 minutes ago  » 
    Since Freeview introduced Quest red on channel 38 we have been unable to get reception on channels 38 and several others.

So what dies the coverage checker at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker say about your likely reception for the ARQ A multiplex? What transmitter are you receiving from?

| Sat 18 Mar 2017 22:59:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Malnmag

Hi Martin, thanks for the reply, sorry about the delay . My recommended transmitter is Sutton Coldfield but I have always been set up for Waltham (as are all houses in the Close). We have an older TV in the bedroom which is on the same aerial and that is receiving all channels fine.

| Sun 19 Mar 2017 13:52:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Malnmag - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi Martin, thanks for the reply, sorry about the delay . My recommended transmitter is Sutton Coldfield but I have always been set up for Waltham (as are all houses in the Close).

So when you are doing a manual tune what multiplex channel numbers are you using?

| Sun 19 Mar 2017 16:21:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Malnmag

Hi Martin, I looked a the Waltham transmitter website and obtained the freeview channel Nos. which were listed there. The channel nos. are: 26, 29, 31, 37, 49, 54, 56, 57 & 58. Apparently these channels are transmitted on the following Max's: BBCA, D3+4, BBCB, SDN, ARQA and ARQB. I have also searched using the Mux frequencies. Not all come up as having programs but the Mux's containing the bad poor reception ones do seem like to load. However, when you select the channel the program is listed as there but unwatchable owing to poor reception.

| Sun 19 Mar 2017 18:48:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Malnmag - 5 hours ago  » 
    I looked a the Waltham transmitter website and obtained the freeview channel Nos. which were listed there. The channel nos. are: 26, 29, 31, 37, 49, 54, 56, 57 & 58.

Those channels are correct. If you tune to BBC1 SD what is the signal strength and quality reported by the Humax? and also when tuned to BBC1 HD?

| Mon 20 Mar 2017 0:34:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Malnmag

Hi Martin, have just checked BBC1 (Ch 49) and the signal strength is 76%, Quality is 100%.
    BBC1 HD (Ch 58) and the signal strength is 78%, Quality is 100%.

| Tue 21 Mar 2017 18:18:56 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Malnmag - 35 minutes ago  » 
    have just checked BBC1 (Ch 49) and the signal strength is 76%, Quality is 100%.

Those values are good. Not sure what is going on. Is it possible to temporarily connect the Humax to the bedroom aerial and see if it will find the ARQ A multiplex? If it will then you need to look carefully at the other aerial cable looking for kinks, badly made joints or water ingress; if it won't then I am struggling for further ideas.

| Tue 21 Mar 2017 18:58:15 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Malnmag - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi Martin, have just checked BBC1 (Ch 49) and the signal strength is 76%, Quality is 100%.

Presumably you did check that your Quest Red picture is coming from Waltham (Ch 56) by looking at its signal strength page?

| Tue 21 Mar 2017 19:55:35 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Malnmag

Hi Martin & Luke, thanks for your continued interest. Yes Luke I have checked the signal strength of Ch 56 and it is: Strength 71%. Quality 100%.
    However, there are several of the listed channels that I cannot watch owing to poor reception. Having listed the dodgy channels I find that they are all transmitted from the COM5 / ArqA mux. The question is, where do I go from here?

| Wed 22 Mar 2017 0:09:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.