My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Poor freeview reception

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Malnmag - 57 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Martin & Luke, thanks for your continued interest. Yes Luke I have checked the signal strength of Ch 56 and it is: Strength 71%. Quality 100%.

I was asking if you knew for certain that you are tuned to CH 56 for Quest Red. That is very different to knowing what the signal strnegth is for 56.

If you are watching Quest Red then when you first go into the signal strength screen it will confirm which UHF chanel you are tuned into for Quest Red.

| Wed 22 Mar 2017 1:11:03 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

If you tune in to Quest Red and press OK on your remote, a channel list should appear on the left of the screen. Press i+. The popup window shows the UHF channel number on the line above the blue OK button. If it doesn't start Ch56 you are not tuned into Waltham.(Exit button clears the window from the screen).

Have you checked to see whether you have a duplicate Quest Red that is watchable somewhere above 800 in the channel list?

| Wed 22 Mar 2017 19:36:35 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Malnmag

Hi all, thanks to all who tried to help. I decided to take the unit back to Currys as it was only 3 months old. I explained the problem and left it with them for repair. They rang me to collect it after a couple of days. They said they had found nothing wrong with the unit and it was working fine. I was sceptical but I took it home, connected it up and lo and behold it is working fine, receiving all channels as before. So, thanks again all for your help.

| Fri 24 Mar 2017 23:31:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

weirdly, in London, i'm having a similar problem since automatic retune after 2nd aug 2017 channel changes. (i'm on a humax 4000T but saw this thread so thought i'd hop on)

noticed it first when i had 'no signal or aerial disconnected' message on Sky News. then realised this was affecting all ARQ-A channels.

i used the coverage predictor and where i live, should all be very good. most other muxes are coming though 100/100, although SDN only showing 70/100.

the weird bit, is that while hopping around checking signal strengths etc, there was sudden;y an improvement to 70/100 for a while and getting good reception.

however, later on it went down to 72/80 and started breaking up.

as signal on all other muxes is decent to very good, it's hard to believe it's an aerial problem (we're on a shared council aerial), and pre this latest tuning, stations like sky news and dave (also on ARQ A) were fine, so def seems to be related to this retune.

anyone got any suggestions/ideas?

| Sat 5 Aug 2017 20:13:00 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

rikki - 15 hours ago  » 
    noticed it first when i had 'no signal or aerial disconnected' message on Sky News. then realised this was affecting all ARQ-A channels.
    i used the coverage predictor and where i live, should all be very good. most other muxes are coming though 100/100, although SDN only showing 70/100.

If by 100/100 you mean a 100% signal strength as reported by the Humax then the most likely explanation is that your signal strength is too high. As it is a communal aerial then the easiest fix would be to put a variable attenuator in the aerial cabling.

| Sun 6 Aug 2017 12:14:59 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

actually have worked out, for some reason on the retune, the ARQ-A started coming from bluebell hill rather than from crystal palace - i sussed this from the UHF channel number as described earlier in this thread, and the digital uk lists of expected coverage.

went into manual retune and retuned that channel (i think it was 23) and it found crystal palace and sorted everything.

| Sun 6 Aug 2017 18:33:13 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.