My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

POOR QUALITY

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

scott23

Hi all,

Can anyone help. I have a PVR9000T model with HDMI cable, and samsung HD tv.

Problem is sometimes i can lose siganl through my PVR but have a perfect signal to tv through same aerial socket. My signal strength is alawys at 100% but quality dips to 40% sometimes and makes picture jump and stop, but when i revert to freeview through tv its perfect. So dont think i have a signal problem, so how can i improve quality?? I have all the best leads, HDMI cables but still having problems!

Please help.

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 17:24:53 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

scott23 - 2 hours ago  » 
    but have a perfect signal to tv through same aerial socket

Can you be more precise about how the aerial is connected to the Humax and to the TV? Is it daisy-chained through the Humax to the TV or do you use a splitter or what?

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 19:53:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

scott23

Hi,

Aerial is plugged into back of pvr unit, then i use hdmi cable straight into tv. I also have cable from pvr unit to aerial point on tv. When i switch to this signal is always good through tv, even when signal is lost though pvr unit.

Thanks

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 20:44:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reginald

Is it possible that the PVR is acting as a booster for the signal from the TV aerial before it is passed on to the TV, thereby masking a problem with interference/signal quality?

If you haven't already done so, try plugging the TV aerial straight into the TV and see if you get problems then.

Regards.

| Mon 30 Jan 2012 14:09:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

scott23

Hi,

Thanks for responses, may have sorted the problem now.

I Think because i have such a good signal strength i am recieveing duplicate channels and the box is not always setting the best one as(ie BBC 1 -channel 1, not channel 800)

I have deleted all channels, and done a manual search to the best transmitter in my area (emley moor) and the problems have gone. I am on 100% signal strength and 100% quality now.

Thanks again.

| Mon 30 Jan 2012 18:02:23 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.