My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Possible 'SeaChange' w.r.t. the UI?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rkl

The UI of the HDR 1000S needs some major work to reduce the number of button presses to get to options (and also rectify annoyances like wraparound scrolling and overlapping page scrolling (last item of previous page becomes first item on next page, which I don't like at all)) as I've said in an earlier posting.

The Freesat News section on the Freesat Web site (the item isn't listed in the 'help & info' -> News section of the 1000S, despite earlier items being listed) gives me some hope for a UI revamp:

http://cdn.freesat.co.uk/freesat/freesat_website/content/downloadables/freesat%20seachange.pdf

Looks like we're going to see "connected" (IPTV) channels - it'll be very annoying if we won't be allowed to download or record them (like the iPlayer etc. on the HDR 1000S - it's a massive missing feature on the current On Demand stuff).

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 17:18:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I think this Freesat - Seachange partnership is supposed to make it easier to flog the freetime EPG for use on TVs.

"This partnership with SeaChange means we can now take an end-to-end TV platform to the market that offers the comprehensive features set and customer benefits that Freetime provides."

So I suppose it could be a user-selectable option on various TVs, and hey presto they would have integrated catchup, Showcase, targeted advertising, all that tasty user data, and an app for cloud-based DVR functions.

I don't get the impression that this partnership implies a revamp of the 1000S UI. On the contrary, the way things are going it seems like Freesat STBs may end up as the tail to the freetime dog. One freetime device among many. ICBW

| Sun 5 Oct 2014 14:47:07 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.