My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Power up issue

(6 posts)
  1. moose

moose

My 1000s seems to power down by itself (usually at night) which i presume is for power saving, the problem is it don't power up on the remote button or with the event series on my Harmony One, you have to physically go and unplug it at source and plug it in again, it then boots with the message 'Starting' then goes into standby until you press standby button on the remote, is this normal?

| Thu 29 Nov 2012 18:32:18 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

moose - 1 hour ago  » 
    My 1000s seems to power down by itself (usually at night) which i presume is for power saving, the problem is it don't power up on the remote button or with the event series on my Harmony One, you have to physically go and unplug it at source and plug it in again, it then boots with the message 'Starting' then goes into standby until you press standby button on the remote, is this normal?

I never have had it power off it's self - so don't really know.
    What happens if you put it in standby - does it power up with the remote?

| Thu 29 Nov 2012 20:03:15 #2 |
  3. moose

moose

When i press standby all is fine but it seems to power down sporadically. My mate watched tv this morning, then put everything on standby with the Harmony One and came back an hour later and turned it on and everything came on except the 1000s, even if you use the humax remote it wont power up so you have to unplug the power from the back and plug it in again

| Thu 29 Nov 2012 22:56:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

Hi Moose,
    I have a similar issue, if mine goes into its power save mode then I end up having to pull the power on it to get it working again.

mine is connected direct to the tv and I am unsing the humax remote, so I don't think it is to do with your Harmony One.

I have noticed on mine when I try to turn it back on and get no picture you don't hear the hard drive power up , but when I unplug it and then turn it on you can hear the hard drive start and the picture comes back .
    its as if in powersave mode it turns everything off and does not turn the hard drive (and maybe the graphics card ) back on.

Does this happen on yours? would be interesting to know,

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 2:31:14 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No problem when my unit goes into auto standby, which it does at least once a Day.

1. Can you check the software version on the units, it should be 1.00.06.

2. You could try a factory reset, see if that helps.

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 10:29:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluealien

Hi Barry,
    yep the software version is 1.00.06
    I tried the factory reset but it still has the problem

I have now turned the auto standby off and turned the power save to normal to see if that fixes it , I left it on last night and it was still ok in the morning.
    its a sort of fix if it works but not ideal

dave

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 12:55:06 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.