My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Pressing "guide" switches 5000t off.

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

I think this may have crept in with the latest firmware.

When I switch on my 5000t and then press the button to bring up the epg by pressing the dedicated button, the 5000t switches off. I then have to power it back on again. Anyone else experienced this?

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 12:07:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Never.

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 12:41:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

boogersa

special member

It has happened several times, not a one off.

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 12:46:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

I must admit That's a new one on me aswell.

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 13:14:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I suggest you try unplugging the mains cord for a few minutes then rebooting. If this doesn't work try a factory reset.

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 13:14:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

This has happened to me also, this was before the latest fw update, i haven’t noticed it happen since the latest update but then again that wasn't that long ago and it didn't happen loads, just now and then.

Basically from time to time i would select guide and my box would also turn off.

In general though, i seem to have more little issues with my 5000T since the new update than i had before it.

Other random glitches I’m getting are i can be watching a program live that i am also recording and if sometimes through the program i pause the program, by the time the program is due to end, the box will now end the program i am watching and go to live as soon as the recording officially ends.

Hope that makes sense.

Another little problem i have been getting is when i am watching a live program and pause it, when i used to press the left or right button on the remote i used to immediately get the screen to fast forward / rewind and to also skip, with the latest fw i now just get the guide list down the left hand side of the screen.

Both of the above didn't happen on the previous fw.

James

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 14:29:10 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try resetting the remote codeset to use set 1. See FAQ's

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 14:30:07 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

[QUOTE}

Other random glitches I’m getting are i can be watching a program live that i am also recording and if sometimes through the program i pause the program, by the time the program is due to end, the box will now end the program i am watching and go to live as soon as the recording officially ends.

[/QUOTE]

This happens on all Humax recorders, it's because the time shift buffer resets to start recording the next programme when the programme finishes. Answer is simple watch the actual recording in chasing playback rather than live. You can watch the recording 15 seconds or so after it starts,

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 17:06:02 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

james_uk

special member

Another thing that keeps happening to me is if I pause live TV then resume it, a lot of the time it resumes with subtitles turned on and I then have to turn them off, not sure why that happens?

| Tue 4 Sep 2018 21:39:06 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

micmac

I've had the power off issue, occasionally, but not noticed it recently (no idea if thats just coincidence). Will turn off on first press of any button after power on. Power on again and all is fine.

| Wed 5 Sep 2018 7:55:38 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.