My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Problem with box recording in standby

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

I have the following problem with my box when it is recording in standby mode, cannot get the box to come out of standby mode press the power button on top on the box but this does not work also press the power button on the remote control but this does not work, but as soon as the box has finished recording, press the power button on the remote and box comes out of stand by no problem,

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Matthew

| Sat 26 Sep 2020 22:59:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kenjohn

HI,

Try pulling out the power plug from the wall socket for 30 seconds when recording a programme you do not want to keep.Plug in again and see if it makes a difference.

Its worked for me on a number of occasions,computers ....ugh

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 8:17:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

kenjohn - 1 hour ago  » 
    Try pulling out the power plug from the wall socket for 30 seconds when recording a programme you do not want to keep.

Glad it has worked for you but there must be a risk of corrupting the file system by removing power suddenly. I would suggest trying a reset to default settings which will delete the schedule of future recordings but will leave existing recordings intact.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 10:03:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hi Martin
    Have had the box replaced but still get this problem any more help would be great.

Thanks

Matthew

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 23:11:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Are you sure that it is not coming out? While recording, the lights should look the same whether it has come out or not, so have you actually checked by looking at your TV screen?

| Thu 15 Oct 2020 23:15:59 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.