My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Problem with connecting to internet on FVP5000T

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

I connect my Humax FVP 5000T BOX to my router using a 8 port Gigabit Desktop Switch when I plug the cable from the Humax box into one of the ports the Humax box says no internet connection and when I try to run the LAN Setup on the box its says connection failed, but when I plug the cable from the Humax box straight into the back of my router the internet works straight way.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Apache

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 11:25:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 11 mins ago  » 
    I connect my Humax FVP 5000T BOX to my router using a 8 port Gigabit Desktop Switch when I plug the cable from the Humax box into one of the ports the Humax box says no internet connection and when I try to run the LAN Setup on the box its says connection failed, but when I plug the cable from the Humax box straight into the back of my router the internet works straight way.

That's an odd one; what make and model is the switch? I take it other equipment works properly when connected via the switch?

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 11:38:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello Martin,

the make and model of the switch is TP-LINK TL-SG108S and other equipment connected works fine via the switch.

Hope this help.

Thanks
    Apache

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 16:38:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Apache - 1 hour ago  » 
    the make and model of the switch is TP-LINK TL-SG108S and other equipment connected works fine via the switch.

I would suggest giving TP-Link technical support a call and see if they have any ideas.

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 17:58:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello Martin

Thanks for getting back to me, I have checked the FVP 5000T box and when I tap on the white button on the remote to bring the menu up at the bottom of the screen were 5 app showing but the rest were not showing but after about 2 seconds the rest of app appeared at the bottom of the screen.

This problem Just happens then all is fine with the box, get no warning it Just happens, do you think there is a bug in the software ?

Please let me know

Thanks

Apache

| Tue 6 Apr 2021 23:09:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

were 5 app showing but the rest were not showing but after about 2 seconds the rest of app appeared at the bottom of the screen.

This is normal when the box is starting up and initiating a network connection. You don't say whether you observe this when connected through the switch or direct to the router. The next step is to look at the network connection status when it is not working and let us know what you see. Camera screen shot will do.

| Wed 7 Apr 2021 8:01:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,

When the problem comes back I will take a screen shot and let you know.

Thanks

Apache

| Wed 7 Apr 2021 23:00:13 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

My internet is via the hotspot facility on my mobile phone, so obviously when I am out my Humax is not connected. When I return and the network is available, my Humax will reconnect and display exactly the same, the "recommended" section is blank but then repopulates and (often) some of the apps are not visible but again these repopulate after a short while. So no, it's not a bug.
    As Martin suggests, you need to investigate whether you are losing connection, possibly a sleep mode on your router?

| Thu 8 Apr 2021 10:53:41 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.