My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Problem with Humax RM-501 remote control

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pal

I have just received a replacement remote control for my Humax Foxsat-HDR after the last one was dropped in a cup of water by my daughter!

The new remote works fine with the PVR but I cannot set up the univeral remote control functions to control my TV, sound system and DVD players. The previous remote control worked fine with this equipment.

I go through the process described in the manual - holding down the mode button for the device (DVD/TV/Audio) until it stays on, the entering a 4 digit code. However, whenever I have entered 3 of the 4 digits of each code the mode button briefly goes out before coming on again. After 4 presses it doesn't blink twice as described in the manual. It appears as if the remote is set to work on 3 digit device codes instead of 4 digits? Is this possible or likely?

Is there something I can do to make this remote work properly or is it broken and needs returning for a replacement?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

| Thu 28 Jul 2011 18:16:03 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

I do not recognise the model number of the remote you are referring to, but check out this post, whilst it refers to the T2 units I wonder if it is relevant to your problem.

See this post:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-control-confused-if-3-or-4-digit-codes-for-devices

If this does not help then please confirm the remote model number and I will raise it with Humax.

| Thu 28 Jul 2011 21:31:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pal

Apologies for the typo - It is model number RM-F01.

The 3 digit codes worked perfectly. Many, many thanks for your help!

What on earth did people do before the internet....

| Fri 29 Jul 2011 12:42:53 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Good news, glad we were able to help.

| Fri 29 Jul 2011 13:59:38 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.