My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Problem with recordings.

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,
    Have the following problem with my FVP 5000T box, I set a series record on my box and box will record the series, but when the channel changes the time to other time later on, the box will delete the series link, so I have to set the series recording again.

Is there a way to fix this issue.

Thanks
    Matthew

| Fri 25 Sep 2020 22:01:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

In order to keep track of the dates/times of programmes in a series, the box (along with other similar boxes, I guess) relies on a unique code (CRID) for the whole series, generated by the broadcaster. Quite often, as a new series starts, the broadcaster will generate a new CRID and the box will lose track of it.

There is nothing you can do to stop this happening, so it is just a matter, as you found, of setting up the new series.

Rather than deleted, you will probably find the old one is sitting at the bottom of the schedule looking for information.

| Sat 26 Sep 2020 7:07:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Also, note that a "new" series may not be obvious.

For example Pointless on BBC1 will sometimes get a new CRID quite unexpectedly, only for you to find that the series number of the programme has changed even though there has been no break in the programmes and the time of the programme is unchanged. (Looks like it might happen again on 7 Oct).

| Sat 26 Sep 2020 8:12:06 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Freesat BBC1-HD has the same issue. Long standing series recordings of Bargain Hunt and Escape To The Country both failed to record today and not scheduled tomorrow. Had to recreate both.

Escape to The Country both are not a new series tomorrows escape is 8 of 39 and Bargain Hunt is 14 of 32.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 15:52:30 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JimmyP

Hello, This is my first post.

We are having a similar problem. My wife likes "Escape to the Country" but the recording sometimes fails. The message is, Recording has failed due to loss of power."

We have not had power failures.

Is this caused by the situation noted above or is there some other cause?

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 16:47:49 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JimmyP - 12 mins ago  » 
    Hello, This is my first post.
    We are having a similar problem. My wife likes "Escape to the Country" but the recording sometimes fails. The message is, Recording has failed due to loss of power."
    We have not had power failures.
    Is this caused by the situation noted above or is there some other cause?

I don't think this is related though I have seen this before.

Firstly did you actually try to play back the recordings ? Very often it's just a few seconds at the beginning that is missing.

While tuned to BBC1-HD press the FVP button and open settings. There is a signal test option in settings. What signal strength and quality does it say you have ?

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 17:02:42 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JimmyP

Thanks, Graham.

The signal test for BBC1 HD is...

Tuner 1 Strength 84% Quality 100%
    Tuner 2 Strength 74% Quality 100%
    Tuner 3 Strength 0% Quality 0% ?????? strange we can see Emily Moor from our back door(almost)! Does this mean the 3rd tuner has failed?

Yes, we did try to play the recording. The error message only appeared after that. It stayed on the screen for only a few seconds then just s blank black screen.

As far as I can remember this failure to record has happened with other shows a few times in the past but it appears to be a regular occurence with "Escape to the Country" but that might be because my wife does like to watch that every day so that show is recorded more than most others.

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 18:25:24 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JimmyP - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks, Graham.
    The signal test for BBC1 HD is...
    Tuner 1 Strength 84% Quality 100%
    Tuner 2 Strength 74% Quality 100%
    Tuner 3 Strength 0% Quality 0% ?????? strange we can see Emily Moor from our back door(almost)! Does this mean the 3rd tuner has failed?
    Yes, we did try to play the recording. The error message only appeared after that. It stayed on the screen for only a few seconds then just s blank black screen.
    As far as I can remember this failure to record has happened with other shows a few times in the past but it appears to be a regular occurence with "Escape to the Country" but that might be because my wife does like to watch that every day so that show is recorded more than most others.

No it does not mean that the third tuner has failed. Unused tuners are powered down (presumably to save power). You must have been recording using two tuners when the signal test was done. The figures look completely normal.

Did you try to playback the failed recording, ignoring the message ?

| Mon 28 Sep 2020 20:49:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

A1944 - 5 days ago  » 
    Also, note that a "new" series may not be obvious.
    For example Pointless on BBC1 will sometimes get a new CRID quite unexpectedly, only for you to find that the series number of the programme has changed even though there has been no break in the programmes and the time of the programme is unchanged. (Looks like it might happen again on 7 Oct).

Now that 7 Oct is available on the EPG, I checked Pointless and, as expected, the series link was broken because the CRID had changed due to it being the first programme of series 24.

On the 6th for BBC1 HD, the CRID is FP.BBC.CO.UK/M/9NZD
    and on the 7th it has become FP.BBC.CO.UK/M/CXPW

| Thu 1 Oct 2020 13:18:25 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.