My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Problem with two Foxsat HDR 1100S boxes.

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

drewtaylor

Curiouser and curiouser. I removed all but one of the feeds from my 8 way lnb. This feed to the TV gives all the stations I had before, as far as I could see. The same feed to either of my 1100S boxes gave no signal. I reset the box to default conditions but it reported no signal at the appropriate setting up stage. I changed the lnb to a new one of the same size ensuring the skew was the same. The only difference I could see with this setup was that the signal was reduced a bit when tested with a sat signal finder. Everything else stayed the same. I am at a loss to understand what is going on.

| Sat 17 Nov 2018 16:40:38 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Did you do the reset AFTER changing the LNB? If so I would assume a cable fault. Test you can display fashion one on the TV.

| Sat 17 Nov 2018 16:47:53 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

drewtaylor

I did do a reset after changing the lnb. I had previously tested the cable was not short circuited in any way. I'm not sure what you mean by 'fashion one'. If that is a channel then it isn't on the TV and I can't see it listed on the freesat channels list either.

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 14:29:34 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Fashion One is a channel found on the Freesat Home Transponder. It appears if you do a non freesat channel scan of just the home transponder. Had it been a Foxsat-HDR you would also find channel 999 Freesat Info on the Freesat epg

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 14:37:17 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

drewtaylor

Thanks for that information. I am still at a loss as to what I should try next to resolve my problem. I am reasonably sure that the lnb and the cable are Ok and a signal is going into the 1100S. In setting up the box I am stuck at the retune stage because it reports no signal. Can anyone suggest a possible reason?

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 15:03:52 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Is the TV a freesat TV or just a satellite receiver?
    If it is a freesat TV does one of the HDR-1100S receive a signal from the TV feed.

Mods: please relocate posts to the HDR-1100S forum.

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 15:28:11 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Follow this procedure with one of your 1100-s boxes with a single cable connected to tuner one in.

Menu - Settings - System Settings - STB Mode Press OK to change to non-Freesat mode. Go back to settings and select non-freesat. Go right to Transponder all

Press enter - and down to find 11,428 H, 27500, 2/3 Click OK and down to next.

Select Network search off, Scramble type FTA, Channel Type all.

Click Start Channel search

You should find a single channel Fashion One as shown in the attached photos.

If you don't there is a problem either with your dish alignment or the cable feeding tuner 1.

Attachments

1. Home-Transponder-Selected.jpg (78.4 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    2. Non-Freesat-Search-Mode.jpg (84.1 KB, 1 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sun 18 Nov 2018 15:28:57 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Correct results for Home transponder scan

Have you still got a working Sky-HD box ?

Attachments

1. Non-Freesat-Scan-Home-Transponder-Resu.jpg (75.5 KB, 0 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sun 18 Nov 2018 15:30:59 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

drewtaylor

Many thanks Graham for your detailed instructions. I followed them exactly but did not find the Fashion One channel. I tried another cable with the same result so I will try realigning the dish tomorrow.

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 16:13:28 #19 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

drewtaylor - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Many thanks Graham for your detailed instructions. I followed them exactly but did not find the Fashion One channel. I tried another cable with the same result so I will try realigning the dish tomorrow.

Have you got a old Sky-box SD or HD ? . If you have it's a lot easier as the signal strength and quality is indicated as a % rather than a somewhat vague bar graph ?

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 16:52:54 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.