My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Problems Recording Consecutive TV Programmes on 9150

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Puzzled

Hi, apologies for the length of the following!!
    I have a 9150, which I haven't had any problems with, and I bought my parents one.
    On Christmas Day my Dad set theirs to record three consecutive programmes on ITV while we watched BBC1. All three programmes were showing as tagged in the EPG and appeared in the recording schedule. However the middle one of the three didn't record. The EPG was also very slow to load (~15-20 mins for the full 8 days). I checked the status of their 9150 and it was the same as mine - software updated 07-07-11.

I contacted the retailer last week as we were getting fed up with the EPG and they offered me an email from Humax with the fix for the December locking problem. I pointed out that the problems were different and also the OTA software update dates had been and gone. At which point their answer was "we only know what Humax tell us". I tried the software update and as expected got "New software not found". When I rang the store they agreed to give me a new 9150 which I picked up yesterday.
    Yesterday I connected it to my TV. The EPG took about 45 mins to fully load, this morning it only took a few minutes. I set it to record four consecutive programmes on ITV from 8.30 onwards and checked that they were all in the schedule. The second programme wasn't recorded.
    I've set it up again to record three on the trot this evening to see what happens. Has anyone else come across this?

| Sun 22 Jan 2012 20:49:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Have you checked that the box is correctly tuned? The presence of channels above 800 is one sign of incorrect tuning. If necessary do a manual tune using the instructions in this thread: http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/9200t-not-recording

| Sun 22 Jan 2012 22:47:07 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I'm guessing your software version is already the latest, 1.00.26, but if it isn't the software is being re-broadcast on 24th Jan from 10am until 9am on the 25th.

| Sun 22 Jan 2012 23:19:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Puzzled

Hi thanks for the replies. The software is the latest version and the channel numbers for BBC1 and 2 are 43 and for ITV, Ch4 and 5 are 46 which for the Sutton Coldfield transmitter seem to be the correct ones.
    The programmes I set it to record on Sunday evening all recorded successfully. This morning I set it to record consecutive programmes on ITV and it didn't record the last but one, which happened to be the second half of "This Morning". It was tagged in the EPG. I set it to record three programmes this afternoon and when I left it was in the process of recording the second one.

I will contact Humax customer support, but the impression I have from postings on the web is that they are not always very supportive!

| Tue 24 Jan 2012 16:30:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Puzzled

Hi I have been setting test recordings on ITV on my own PVR 9150.

In the EPG the programmes appear as follows:

10.30 -11.25 This Morning

11.25 - 11.30 ITV News

11.30 -12.30 This Morning

12.30-13.30 Loose Women.

PVR set to record: Result:

This Morning Recorded

ITV News Recorded

This Morning Not Recorded

Loose Women. Recorded

The second part of This Morning was automatically tagged in the EPG when I selected the first part and the split programme icon appeared. The next two days I tried:

PVR set to record Result

This Recorded Morning

This Morning Recorded

Loose Women. Not Recorded

I would be interested to know if anyone else is able to reproduce the above results.

| Sun 29 Jan 2012 18:49:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

silver fox

I tried to record a series of 3 programmes, but only the first two recorded, so pointless when losing the last of three.

I tried to record a film this evening whilst watching another channel. The box was doing all it should, said REC on the front panel, told me when it was starting and when it was finishing ... but no film recorded!

I'm getting a bit fed up with this - I'll just land up having to use my Freeview Toshiba HD recorder.

| Mon 30 Jan 2012 1:13:00 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.