My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Problems with BBC Sounds on Freeview Play

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Metal Mickey

The BBC Sounds catch-up service on Humax's Freeview Play does seem to be working properly on my FVP5000T. To identify if this an exclusively Humax problem could someone with access to another device, such as a Smart TV, see if that is also suffering from these problems.

The problems are:
    In the Categories section on trying to access, Comedy, Drama and Sport sections I get "BBC error 5003 Something went wrong ..." message. Retrying just regenerates the message. True Crime and Pod Casts sections are working.

The progress bar and elapsed time on playing a programme doesn't work on the majority of programmes that I've got to play.

Programmes in the 'Unmissable Sounds' section don't play.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 16:27:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The red button/iPlayer (and related services) appear to be going through some kind of changes this last couple of days. The format of the red button homepage has completely changed.
    BBC Sounds via my TV works perfectly but this doesn't necessarily mean that the issue is a Humax one, just an issue affecting any device running on similar operating systems.

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 16:35:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Metal Mickey

Thanks to SSThing for checking that BBC sounds is working perfectly on their Smart TV. The problems with the BBC Sounds Freeview Play Content Player have existed for some weeks, so may be unrelated to the changes on the iPlayer Content Player.

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 11:05:17 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.