My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Problems with HDR 1100S

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gambcl

I recently bought a HDR 1100S. So far I have linked it to my iPhone and have been able to add recordings from my phone. It was initially working fine, however a few weeks ago I added a series record for The Bridge series on BBC.

Last night I went to watch the recordings and the HDR refused to switch on, either by remote or by the button on top of the unit. The red light was showing under the unit.

I had to power-cycle the HDR for it to restart and then of course discovered that it had not made any scheduled recordings. I don't know how long it was frozen for since we almost never watch live TV, I specifically bought this so that I could send it recordings from my phone and then watch them whenever I want.

I was hoping that things had improved in Humax-land, I got one of the first HDR 1000 units and had to return that too as it always refused to wake from sleep to make its recordings.

Do I need to change any power settings to make this thing work or are they still as unreliable as ever?

Sorry for the rant but I find it incredible that we still get so many of these issues.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 14:11:29 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You can try turning off HDMI-CEC on your TV. That solved my problem of it not responding to the remote with my Philips TV. Search for HDMI-CEC and your TV brand to find out what they call it.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 15:16:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gambcl

Thanks but it's not a CEC issue, my TV doesn't even have HDMI-CEC. It is an issue with the HDR locking up entirely, making it unresponsive to both remote AND physical buttons.

I have tried changing the HDR's standby power setting to "normal" and also disabling the "power saving" option.

I will see if that makes it behave any better.

| Tue 1 Dec 2015 13:12:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mo

REPASSAC - 9 months ago  » 
    You can try turning off HDMI-CEC on your TV. That solved my problem of it not responding to the remote with my Philips TV. Search for HDMI-CEC and your TV brand to find out what they call it.

Sorry, but in case this is my problem, could you explain what is CEC and how I might find it on my Sharp TV?

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 16:56:19 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

CEC - Consumer electronic control - basically HDMI connected equipment, if CEC enabled can be switched on/off etc when tv is switched on/off

On settings menu of your Sharp TV, look for 'Aquos Link' and disable it.

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 19:04:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mo

Barry - 21 hours ago  » 
    CEC - Consumer electronic control - basically HDMI connected equipment, if CEC enabled can be switched on/off etc when tv is switched on/off
    On settings menu of your Sharp TV, look for 'Aquos Link' and disable it.

Thank you. I trawled through my Sharp TV menu. It is an old tv btw but very good for me. I could not find Aquos Link but did find in a "power setting" options for turning off the tv if no signal or actions or some such thing ... I disabled those but it didn't help. The Humax still turning off after about 30 mins to 50 mins.

If anyone is interested: here is what I have tried so far:

I reset to factory settings: no joy, it continued to turn off after a while.

Then, I tried updating the software. I downloaded to a usb drive from here: Software Details
    Software version: UKSFAA 3.00.20
    Loader version: UKSFAA 1.09
    System id: 809C.7D05
    Update Date: 09 DEC 2015 (as appears in the General Info menu) and then followed the instructions.

Strangely, after doing that, I checked on my software settings and it showed that another software update was available (strange that the link did not have the latest one) so it offered me to update via wifi, which I did.

As I write this email, my Humax has just turned off again after 55 minutes. There seems to be a fault with this box.

All of this (including browsing the book and the internet for my Sharp TV), browsing your website and the Humax section of the Freesat website, and the Humax website which has absolutely no faq's or help ...this has taken me 2-1/2 days over this weekend, missing a couple of family events, so disappointing. My sister is leaving in a few days and will have to take the box back for refund. I am a long way away from where she lives so now totally disappointed.

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 17:12:36 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mo

p.s.

Sorry, The upgrade software file that I downloaded to usb was from:
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=618&pid=6

Mo

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 17:14:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mo

I don't know if anyone from Humax is on this Forum but, if so, it seems to me that there is something wrong when a consumer buys an item of this price range and has to spend 2 - 3 days trying to get it to work!

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 17:17:01 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.