My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Processor gone

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

smudge18

I have a DTR T1000 which has recently stopped working. It is just over 2 years old (unfortunately) and I took it to a local repair shop who tested it and told me the processor had failed and that it could not be replaced as the part is NLA. Is this true and is there a way or replacing the processor or at least swapping out the HDD into another unit, even externally, so I can watch my recordings?

| Wed 3 Feb 2016 20:26:14 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I doubt it would be easy to replace the processor, even if you could source the part and you had the equipment needed. I'm pretty sure that Humax would not attempt this but just offer to swap the unit over (if they had stock); for a fee which would probably be more than a second-hand DTR-T1000 is worth.
    If you install the disk in another unit the recordings will be wiped, regardless of which maintenance mode option you choose.
    If you have access to a PC that can read XFS formatted partitions (e.g. one with a Linux OS such as Ubuntu) you can copy any standard definition recordings (TS files) and play them on a PC, for example. Unfortunately, high def. recordings are encrypted and unplayable.

| Wed 3 Feb 2016 21:37:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

smudge18

I have been told that if I transferred the HDD into another DTR T1000, it would work. Does anyone know if that is the case?

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 16:55:10 #3 |
  4. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

smudge18 - 5 hours ago  » 
    I have been told that if I transferred the HDD into another DTR T1000, it would work. Does anyone know if that is the case?

If you put the disk in a different unit without taking any additional steps the unit will get stuck at 'please wait'. You can make it work but the disk has to be reformatted which deletes the recordings.

| Sun 7 Feb 2016 22:08:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

smudge18

So there is no way I can access the recordings to even play on an external computer even?

| Mon 8 Feb 2016 16:35:32 #5 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

smudge18 - 41 minutes ago  » 
    So there is no way I can access the recordings to even play on an external computer even?

Yes, as I said in post #2, the recordings are on a partition formatted in XFS. If you connect the drive to a Linux based PC (e.g. running Ubuntu) you can copy or play the recordings (standard definition only). If you don't have access to a Linux machine you can make a bootable USB stick, use it to boot a Windows PC into Ubuntu (search online for how to do this) and copy the recordings to an NTFS drive and play them on a Windows PC. You may have to rename the recordings to play on Windows as the filenames have lots of full stops in them which Windows does not like.

| Mon 8 Feb 2016 17:32:56 #6 |
  7. andyfras

andyfras

I suspect that the processor is OK and it just needs the 10 through-hole capacitors on the mainboard changed.

See: https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/dtr-t10x0-successful-repair

| Sat 20 Feb 2016 13:39:37 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.