My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Program description failure 9300T

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mike21

For the past couple of months or so the description of a recorded program's contents, as shown by pressing the "I" button, frequently does not apply to the actual recorded program - e.g., the description for an Agatha Christie film may refer to a Murder She Wrote. Invariably the recording is as its title, never as the incompatible description. Is this a fault with my machine or is the fault cause external. I have installed software updates as they are notified but there has not been a notification for a long time.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 14:50:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mike21 - 2 hours ago  » 
    For the past couple of months or so the description of a recorded program's contents, as shown by pressing the "I" button, frequently does not apply to the actual recorded program - e.g., the description for an Agatha Christie film may refer to a Murder She Wrote.

One possible explanation is that the file system is starting to become corrupt. The only feasible fix for that is to format the drive from the HDD control menu. It may be a bit premature to do it now but if you start seeing problems such as duplicated recordings in the list of recorded programs or programs recorded under the wrong name then formatting without further delay is strongly advised.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 17:23:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mike21

There have never been duplicated recordings, or recordings that appear under an incorrect name; the problem lies with the description given when the information button is pressed - this is sometimes a description of a different program which I have not recorded, but nevertheless, is a valid, uncorrupted, description of an actual program. Unfortunately I have about 100 recorded programs on the HDD, all of which would be lost with a reformat. Has this problem ever been reported before?

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 19:28:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mike21 - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Has this problem ever been reported before?

Yes lots of times and it is usually a prelude to a more serious symptom of file system corruption. The issue is that the program description is held in a different file to the actual recording and if the file system becomes confused it points at the wrong one. I will repeat that my advice is to do nothing at the moment but be watchful and if any of the recordings are important and unwatched then watch them sooner rather than later.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 19:50:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mike21

Many thanks. I will take your advice and do a reformat if and when that or other future problems become unbearable.I had assumed that the recording and description would be tied together in the same file - I was wrong.

| Mon 1 Jul 2013 20:15:19 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.