My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Programmes don't record at start

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

Previously we had a Bush B1TBHDPVR for three years, when this was in standby mode it took a few minutes to get it out of standby mode to watch TV, so we started leaving it on all the time.
    Maybe I need to try the Humax on standby?

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 0:13:06 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

My question about standby was really to try and identify what was the most likely cause of the fault. It wasn't suggested as a permanent fix.

If I were in your position the first thing I would try would be to retune the FVP-4000T manually making sure that it was only tuned to 1 transmitter.

To manual tune you will need to stat off with no TV or Radio channels. You can do this by starting an auto tune and then cancelling it.
    You can get the channel numbers you need to manual tune by putting in your postcode at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/index/dummy/NA/yes. Don't be tempted to use anything other than the channel numbers from just 1 transmitter. The channel numbers are in the row marked 'Now' for your transmitter and are against the darker grey background and will be in the range 21 to 60. Also note down which channels are 'HD', ('HD' will be in the red header or for the transmitter).
    When you are manually tuning you will need to select DVB-T2 on the manual tuning screen for 'HD' channels.

| Sun 13 Dec 2015 12:39:20 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

At 7.30 AM I did a test this morning, I changed settings to standby (player said would go into this mode after 3hrs). The TV and player weren't used AGAIN until 4PM.

BBC 1 was set for a programme 11AM-12.15PM - this started on time and recorded all the programme.
    C5 set to start 12 noon for a 30 min programme - it started on time and recorded all 30 mins.
    Dave set for 12 noon for a 1hr programme- it started on time and recorded all 30 mins.

Then BBC 1 to start at 1.15 PM for a 30 min programme - this started on time and finished on time.
    But the ITV2 programme set for 1.20 PM for a 1 hour programme started at 1.23 pm and switched off 29 minutes later.
    And the C4 programme set for 1.30 PM for 30 minutes programme started at 1.33 PM and recorded for 21 mins before switching itself off?

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 0:44:09 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

I had already taken all channels off the player and put in the channels for my postcode a couple of days ago

| Mon 14 Dec 2015 1:10:18 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.