My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Programmes don't record at start

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

75% of the time when I try and record a programme with the timer the first 5 minutes of the programme doesn't record.

EG - A programme starting at 9pm won't start recording until 9.05pm.

Is their a setting I need to alter to make the player start at the correct time?

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 16:41:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davejb - 1 hour ago  » 

For the sake of clarity did the program actually start broadcasting at 9pm. What channels are you having problems with? The default setting on the Humax is to use accurate recording which means the Humax will wake up 15 minutes before the scheduled start and then wait until the program actually starts. This works very well for us on the main channels (not a 100% but better than 99%) but minor channels can be more challenging.

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 18:27:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

They programmes start at say 9pm, the first 5 mins of the programme are missing, the start, the credits/introduction.

The channels we use most are the major channels BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 and it happens on all of them.

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 19:19:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

davejb - 2 hours ago  » 
    They programmes start at say 9pm, the first 5 mins of the programme are missing, the start, the credits/introduction.
    The channels we use most are the major channels BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4 and it happens on all of them.

Something not right. Any other recordings taking place due to finish at 9pm?

| Fri 11 Dec 2015 21:40:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

No just the one programmes being recorded at once

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 8:54:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

davejb - 17 hours ago  » 
    75% of the time when I try and record a programme with the timer the first 5 minutes of the programme doesn't record.
    Is their a setting I need to alter to make the player start at the correct time?

Which method are you using to set the timers?

Does this happen when the start occurs with the FVP-4000T in stand-by or usually only when it is not in stand-by?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 9:53:53 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejb

The player is set for on all the time, we have switched standby off

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 20:06:57 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

This is something I have noticed also, padding is set to auto so I am guessing the problem lies with the broadcaster?

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 22:42:43 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

SSThing - 51 minutes ago  » 
    This is something I have noticed also, padding is set to auto so I am guessing the problem lies with the broadcaster?

There are some channels which the broadcaster leaves the start and stop time to the billed time E.g. BBC Radio 4, E.g. UKTV Yesterday. Error where the broadcaster controls the start and end dynamically are infrequent. Specific examples can sometimes be ruled out as broadcast error if promptly posted so that others can then chip in with what happened with their recording of the same broadcast of the same programme.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 23:48:29 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

davejb - 3 hours ago  » 
    The player is set for on all the time, we have switched standby off

Is there any particular reason why you leave it on when you want it to record?

The reason I ask is that the Humax Freeview+ HD recorders do suffer from an increased number of start errors/failers if they are left fully switched on and are not tuned to just one transmitter.
    There may be something similar going on with the freeview play FVP-4000T.

| Sat 12 Dec 2015 23:53:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.