My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Purple Screen

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JTCameron

Hello,

I have just returned home from uni for the summer, which has meant that my HUMAX Freetime 1100s recorder hasn't been used for about 4 months. Since I have returned and carried out the updates with the box I have been experiencing one major issue.

After the box has been on standby (even for a few minutes sometimes), I will turn the box back on, however as it starts up, I have a purple screen with the freetime and humax logo. It then proceeds to showing my channels etc. however the screen has a purple tinge to it and will not output any sound. I have also noticed that if I select the menu, tv guide etc. it will be shrunk and only fills the top left corner of the screen! The only way for me to be able to watch TV is to switch the box on and off at the wall.

What should I do? I have only had the box since Easter so shoud I take it back? Reset?

Many thanks,

James

| Wed 6 Jul 2016 17:20:00 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Sounds very much like HDMI handshake issue.

Try putting box and TV into standby, wait at least 2 minutes before bringing out of standby.

You could also try switching off HDMI CEC on your TV, but not 100% sure that will help.

| Thu 7 Jul 2016 7:52:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I would also check the integrity of the F-connectors as this if these are loose or faulty it can cause a similar issue.

| Thu 7 Jul 2016 12:05:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mo

Barry - 2 months ago  » 
    Sounds very much like HDMI handshake issue.
    Try putting box and TV into standby, wait at least 2 minutes before bringing out of standby.
    You could also try switching off HDMI CEC on your TV, but not 100% sure that will help.

This sounds similar to my problems as well as the Humax stays on for about 30 mins then shuts down. Can't re-start with the remote or the box; I have to unplug. I was wondering if I should try a factory reset?

| Sat 17 Sep 2016 16:53:13 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.