My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

pvr 91501 - no signal after retune hastings

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jemet

I did the usual manual retune a day after the official retune on 17th Oct, then had problem of the retune message constantly coming up on screen telling me to retune. I couldn't get rid of it for more than 30 secs, and then my set top box started reloading on its own every few seconds. I gave up and tried again next day. the retune message was back so i decided to follow the automatic retune route, which seemingly found channels, but when I turned tv on later the message no signal came up so I tried another manual retune but it said no channels found, then when I tried again the tv message said no signal again and I haven't been able to access my box/menu since. Seems too much of a coincidence that my aeria, which has been fine since the main retune earlier this year, would give up just after the latest retune, or perhaps it is that. Any suggestions please?

| Sat 20 Oct 2012 22:53:12 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Confusing set of circumstances you have reported.

If you can access the menus on the Humax then start from scratch, ie carry out a default settings.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 9:48:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jemet

Yes sorry rather confusing. Can't access menu. It seems most likely that the aerial has packed up as I simply get the no signal message on tv, but there doesn't seem to be any communication between my box and the tv either..Nobody in flat above this weekend so can't check whether it's shared aerial today; will have to wait for all checks till tomorrow.
    Thanks for suggestion anyway

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 12:42:36 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You do not need an aerial connection, working or otherwise to access the menu's.

Try removing the aerial input, and then accessing the default menu.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 12:48:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jemet

Thank you, I have tried that. I really have tried all obvious things. I think it is either to do with the signal or my box has iven up the ghost.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 18:37:19 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 7 hours ago  » 
    Try removing the aerial input, and then accessing the default menu.

jemet - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you, I have tried that. I really have tried all obvious things. I think it is either to do with the signal or my box has iven up the ghost.

Jemet, did you try to access the menu with the aerial removed?

You say that you have tried Barry's suggestion of accessing the menu after removing the aerial but also that you think it may be the signal causing the problem. If it is the signal then removing the aerial and switching the Humax back on should result in you being able to access the menu to do a select the default setting from the menu.

| Sun 21 Oct 2012 20:26:38 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.