My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9150T

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marc

Hi all, hopefully someone can clarify whether this is normal operation on a PVR-9150T please.

Usually the TV and PVR are turned off at night. When turning both on in the morning, the Humax powers up (green light is on, so it's not in standby), but we always get a message on the TV stating that no channel (or signal) found.

If we press the power button on the Humax remote, the PVR will go into standby mode after approx 10 seconds or so, and when we power up the PVR again (again via the remote), everything works fine.

Is this a common process that people on here go through?

From memory, if the TV is left in standby mode overnight, but the PVR is left 'on', we get the same problem in the morning, when taking thr TV out of standby.

If I haven't confused the hell out of everyone with that explanation, is anyone able to confirm if this is normal, or if not, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 13:33:30 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Your description of events is what I expect to happen. The 9150 is designed to be left in STANDBY when not in use, your description suggests to me you are turning it off at the mains. When you switch ON switch the TV on first and when it's up and running switch the 9150 on. This will/should cause the TV input to auto switch to the channel (SCART socket) the 9150 is connected to.

Turning the 9150 OFF at the mains when not in use will prevent it from automatically updating the software if any is available, by default a software check is done every night at 04:00. There was a BIG problem just before Christmas, machines that for one reason or another hadn't been kept up to date were failing due to a change in the broadcast data.

If you do switch the 9150 OFF at the mains then when you switch it back ON again it should come back on in the same state it was in when you switched it OFF, eg. STANDBY > mains OFF/ON > STANDBY, ON > mains OFF/ON > ON. If you are switching the 9150 OFF at the mains from the ON state then you are misusing it. You should switch it to STANDBY first, let it shut down completely and then switch OFF at the mains if you must. During the shut down to STANDBY period various bits of housekeeping are done and then the hard disk is shut down. A bit like Windows, you don't just switch your computer OFF at the mains, you shut down Windows first.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 13:58:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Marc

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply Biggles - much appreciated.

Thinking about your comments re' the TV auto switching made me look into the TV settings, and I found I could select for the TV to recognise the channel (scart) automatically. Seems to be fine now.

So, thanks again for your reply.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 14:28:13 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.