My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9150T no 'record' icon on menu

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Al H

Hi everyone, I wonder if any of you could help me please? Got trouble with my mum's 9150T. The problem is when we go on to the menu there is no longer a 'record' icon in the menu, it starts with Preferences and Games appear at the bottom. We've consulted the User's Manual and carried out what it says in there (switching the power off from the rear and switching back on after two minutes) but the record option is still missing. I've also done what it says next, contact the helpline, but haven't had any response so far. My mum's getting on a bit, bless her, and is lost without the use of her box. Hope somebody can give us a hand. Cheers.

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 13:46:29 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

May not be good news unfortunately, This normally happens when no Hard Disc Drive is detected.

Has the unit been moved recently, it may be a loose connection on the HDD.

If not how long has you Mum had the unit?

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 13:50:56 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Al H

Hi Barry, thanks for the welcome and getting back so quickly. The unit hasn't been moved at all I don't think, Mum certainly wouldn't have moved it, she's worried if she moves the remote! She's had it about 15 months now, since last Christmas.

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 14:00:20 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Depending on whether it was bought new, and not a graded product from Humax Direct it may still be under warranty.

If you do not hear back from Humax soon then let us know.

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 14:14:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Al H

Thanks Barry. My sister actually got it from Argos. I'll have to ask if she can dig out the receipt. No news from Humax yet.

| Mon 26 Mar 2012 15:08:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Al H

Hi Barry, thanks very much for you input yesterday. I've just received an email from Humax requesting proof of purchase etc. Looks like they're going to replace the unit for us. Thanks again for your help.

| Tue 27 Mar 2012 11:20:09 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

That is good news, keep us updated.

| Tue 27 Mar 2012 11:23:00 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.