My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR 9200 locked on station?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

Having recently retuned the box, my wife clicked on one of the new stations 'Vintage TV' and now it appears to be locked on to this station, regardless to what we do - switch on/off/disconnect/everything I can think of.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Terry

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 10:47:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Yellow Peril - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Having recently retuned the box, my wife clicked on one of the new stations 'Vintage TV' and now it appears to be locked on to this station, regardless to what we do - switch on/off/disconnect/everything I can think of.

Vintage TV is an IPTV channel ie content is delivered over the Internet rather than via the aerial and I assume the 9200 doesn't expect it. What happens if you remove the aerial before powering up; can you then get control to do a reset to default settings? If you can get control then may be worth deleting all the IPTV channels which currently are broadcast channels 225 to 243. to avoid a repetition.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:06:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 17 minutes ago  » 
    What happens if you remove the aerial before powering up; can you then get control to do a reset to default settings?

No reset to defaults is required.

I have just deliberately locked one of my 9200Ts.
    Having removed the aerial if the 9200T is power up from scratch (after being switched off at the mains) then when I switched it out of stand-by there was just enough time (with remote at the ready) to press 1 on the remote and get it to switch to BBC1 and get the 'No signal' message. Plugging back the aerial obviously restores reception and then the edit channel function can be reached to delete the IPTV channels.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 11:29:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

Thanks - have just successfully carried out this procedure. Haven't as yet deleted the suspect channels, but will do when I can work out which are PPTV channels (it doesn't list them as such under the edit channel section) and when I can work out which delete key to use

Terry

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 12:43:10 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You need to delete channels 225 thru to 243.

Menu
    Edit Channels
    Edit Channel Lists (default password is 0000)

Highlight each channel in turn and press OK, once you have highlighted all those you wish to delete, scroll right and highlight delete, press OK. Press back or exit and confirm you want to save.

| Sun 21 Sep 2014 13:06:15 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I have found that the above mentioned channels lock up a 9200 but the 9300 seems to cope, delete them as advised to avoid accidentally selecting any of them.

| Wed 24 Sep 2014 21:19:30 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.