My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9200T, Saving Video Files?

(6 posts)
  1. Mozey

Mozey

I just purchased a new Humax FVP-4000T but have my old set (PVR-9200T) still connected to my TV's antenna. Naturally, in order to set up the new box, my old one will need to be disconnected from antenna. Problem is, I have precious video files stored on the old set. Is there any way I can save these or play them by any other means?

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 13:04:03 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mozey - 43 minutes ago  » 
    I just purchased a new Humax FVP-4000T but have my old set (PVR-9200T) still connected to my TV's antenna. Naturally, in order to set up the new box, my old one will need to be disconnected from antenna. Problem is, I have precious video files stored on the old set. Is there any way I can save these or play them by any other means?

The 9200T is capable of copying recordings to a USB mass storage device if you can find the software. Other than that if you connect the hard drive to a PC using a drive cradle you can copy the recordings using HumaxRW. The FVP-4000T should be capable of replay from the usb device you copied the recordings to.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 13:50:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Mozey - 1 hour ago  » 

Providing you keep the PVR-9200T connected to your TV it will still playback its recordings after you have disconnected the aerial from the PVR-9200T.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 14:28:34 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You don't need to disconnect the aerial you can chain the aerial through both boxes or fit a simple TV splitter to provide both boxes with a aerial feed. You will need to turn off power saving in sby on the 4000T if you want the loop through to work with the box in sby.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 14:33:11 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

If you want to get the files off the 9200t all the software is available from the FAQs (link).
    Media elinker is the Humax software but is slow. Better to attach the drive to the PC and use humaxrw (with the GUI if the command line would challenge you) and copy the recordings to your PC or an external drive. You only need the .ts files so you can select that otion within humaxrwGUI. They will be playable by VLC or similar on the PC or is using an external drive then should be playable by the 4000T.

| Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:13:04 #5 |
  6. Mozey

Mozey

Thank you so much for all your helpful replies and advice! To be honest, I didn't think I'd receive a single one! Yes, I do have a couple of external drives which I could copy the files to. Even better would be Luke's remedy of just keeping the old PVR connected to my TV (by scart, in this case) and just watching the recorded files. Almost sounds too good to be true ... but let's wait and see!!!

| Thu 28 Sep 2017 1:11:17 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.