My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR 9300T Freezing / Not Recording

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alstar9144

Hi All,

I am wondering if someone can help.

Everyday when I try to switch on the humax, it is not responsive when I try with the remote or by the power button at the front. The only way I can switch it on, is by doing the following steps:

1. Switch it off and then on via the power switch at the back of the machine or via the mains socket.
    2. When I switch it back on, then the humax's display goes blank and the television shows 'please wait'. It stays like this for at least 10 minutes.
    3. Then afterwards, the television goes black and then the humax shows the time on the display.
    4. Then I can switch it on via the remote control but then get the humax display going black again and the television showing the same message of 'please wait'. This is then like that for a further 10 minutes.
    5. Only when this is complete then the humax switches on and I can watch the television.

It also does not record any programs from the time I have switched it off the previous night and have, after a long time, switched it on the following evening. Therefore, if I am out for a night or two, then the humax does not record for 2 days.

Also, another problem is that when I try to set the programs to record, if I ask it to be series link, then it freezes for a couple of minutes, which doesnt allow me to do anything else but wait.
    I already have the 1.00.26 upgrade

If someone knows a possible solution that would be great.

Thanks in Advance

| Mon 28 May 2012 17:34:20 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

alstar9144 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    If someone knows a possible solution that would be great.

The first thing to try would be a reset to default settings followed by a manual tune to your local transmitter.

| Mon 28 May 2012 17:56:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alstar9144

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately that didn't work

| Mon 28 May 2012 23:00:07 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

This isn't a common fault. Is it still under warranty?

| Tue 29 May 2012 0:09:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

alstar9144

I think it might be still under warranty.

I have sent an email to Humax too, but haven't received a reply yet - and thought I would get a quicker response this way too!

I have tried to search to see if anybody else had similar problems, do you know of anyone that has had this?

Thanks

Alstar9144

| Thu 31 May 2012 21:50:07 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.