My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR 9300T issues

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Absinthian

I have a problem with my PVR 9300T box that's happened three times now in ten days. The clock, the volume and the picture view are wrong -- which are all easily fixed. But the most annoying thing is that all my scheduled recordings have been wiped, so I have to go back through the tv guide and set up all my recordings again -- if I can remember them, which I often can't, so I'm missing programmes. It's like it's some kind of update or something.

It only started on the 2nd October, I think the second time was the 7th and then again today.

Does anyone know what's happening and how to stop it?

Thanks.

| Thu 12 Oct 2017 14:04:59 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Absinthian - 44 minutes ago  » 
    I have a problem with my PVR 9300T box that's happened three times now in ten days. The clock, the volume and the picture view are wrong -- which are all easily fixed. But the most annoying thing is that all my scheduled recordings have been wiped, so I have to go back through the tv guide and set up all my recordings again -- if I can remember them, which I often can't, so I'm missing programmes. It's like it's some kind of update or something.
    It only started on the 2nd October, I think the second time was the 7th and then again today.
    Does anyone know what's happening and how to stop it?
    Thanks.

Yes and no. The 9300 is doing a Default Setting, or part of one, which is why picture goes to 4:3 (presumably), sound to 50% etc. I think it is happening going into or out of STANDBY so leaving the machine ON may prevent it but that's not a good resolution. It has been reported on here many times but there is no understanding as to why it happens. Someone who has experienced it may be able to help. My friend's 9300 does not suffer from this problem.....YET.

| Thu 12 Oct 2017 14:55:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Absinthian

Thanks for your response.

It happened again on the same day. I'm not sure if I left the box switched on or whether it switched itself on and there was no picture as well as everything else, though it came back when I switched it off and on again.

I've been thinking about getting a new freeview recorder for a while -- I have the skipping 30 seconds during playback issue too, and I'd like catch-up tv -- but haven't seen one that I like. I would've stuck with Humax since it was recommended to me as a good make, but now knowing there are known issues that Humax aren't addressing, I'll look elsewhere.

| Sun 15 Oct 2017 17:48:57 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.