My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9300T Old Recordings -> Zero File Size

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

3guesses - 8 hours ago  » 
    After transferring all recordings to an external HDD I used Vivard (from Ultimate Boot CD) to perform a low-level format on the HDD, then I used HDD Regenerator which found (and fixed) 4 bad sectors. Afer this I ran HDAT2 (v6.0 beta) and performed the Read/Write/Read/Compare test on the drive (found 1 sector right near the end without an address marker - not entirely sure what that means - and fixed that), and finally I ran h2testw which reported no problems.

Thanks for coming back with a detailed description of what you have done. Did you look at the SMART data and if so how many reallocated sectors were reported? It will be interesting to hear how the drive is performing in a few months time.

| Fri 1 Jun 2018 8:54:27 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

3guesses

Martin Liddle - 52 minutes ago  » 

3guesses - 8 hours ago  » 
    After transferring all recordings to an external HDD I used Vivard (from Ultimate Boot CD) to perform a low-level format on the HDD, then I used HDD Regenerator which found (and fixed) 4 bad sectors. Afer this I ran HDAT2 (v6.0 beta) and performed the Read/Write/Read/Compare test on the drive (found 1 sector right near the end without an address marker - not entirely sure what that means - and fixed that), and finally I ran h2testw which reported no problems.

Thanks for coming back with a detailed description of what you have done. Did you look at the SMART data and if so how many reallocated sectors were reported? It will be interesting to hear how the drive is performing in a few months time.

Sorry, I neglected to do that. If I get chance I might well do so, but it is quite invonvenient for me to do work on the machine!

| Fri 1 Jun 2018 9:48:02 #12 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.