My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9300T skipping/jumping during playback

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

I have a Humax PVR-9300T which skips when playing back certain recorded programs. I know this question has been asked many times over the years, but as far as I know, nobody knows for sure why this happens.
    It is starting to get considerably worse lately. For instance when I used to record Classic Emmerdale on ITV2, it would skip the last few seconds just before the end of the episode.
    When I recorded it yesterday, it skipped at about six different points during the episode, making it very difficult to watch the program properly. Even rewinding back to a good point has got more difficult.
    Now, the interesting thing is, I have an identical Humax upstairs in the bedroom and that one behaves in an identical manner and skips at exactly the same points. So I’m assuming we can rule out a faulty hard drive? Both machines are each connected to different ariels.

| Sat 8 Jul 2023 13:16:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

This does look like the well-known problem. I seem to remember that if you switch to the second sound track (audio description without normal sound track) the programme doesn't skip.(It's such a long time since I've used a skipping Humax I could be wrong .
    Unfortunately the 9300/9150T are so out-of-date there is no chance Humax will fix this. Even if they did there no longer exist a method to update users devices

| Sat 8 Jul 2023 13:45:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

Changing the soundtrack results in no sound. So no use when watching dramas where you need to hear dialogue.

| Sat 8 Jul 2023 16:27:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi ford01,

As you mention well known fault. To my knowledge and memory, I think it was/is related to a bug in software. The hard drive is not the problem, but if you reformat, factory reset PVR, it seems as if you have fixed problem, until it reappears again. I used to have a 9300 and had to do this many times. 9200 older model was perfect. Humax have a habit of not finishing off correcting bugs! John L

| Sat 8 Jul 2023 16:53:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

jdlfreetime - 5 hours ago  » 
    As you mention well known fault. To my knowledge and memory, I think it was/is related to a bug in software.

I have always thought that it is a bug in the hardware that does the decoding which might explain why Humax had no interest in trying to fix it.

| Sat 8 Jul 2023 22:52:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Good point Martin, thinking about it the 9200 & 9300 use same software, so it must be hardware related. Good old Humax, they never seem to fix the important bugs.
    John L

| Sun 9 Jul 2023 14:36:34 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

jdlfreetime - 8 hours ago  » 
    Good point Martin, thinking about it the 9200 & 9300 use same software, so it must be hardware related. Good old Humax, they never seem to fix the important bugs.
    John L

They don't, it looks the same on screen but they're different files. As Martin says it probably is a hardware problem, your last comment does seem to be correct though.

| Sun 9 Jul 2023 23:09:02 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

It's looking like the problem still remains a mystery after all these years. I really don't want to replace my 9300t's. Apart from the skipping problem, they still work really well.

| Sun 9 Jul 2023 23:14:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi ford01,

I would just enjoy using it. It doesn't record HD channels, but very good workhorse for recordings. You can "upscale" pictures to HD (think it was 720p?) via HDMI lead Just frustrating about the bug. John L

| Mon 10 Jul 2023 10:59:20 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ford01

That’s just it. It’s getting more difficult to enjoy using it because of the glitch. Like I said in a previous post, watching serial dramas can be frustrating because crucial dialogue can be missed.
    It seems that when ever any model of Humax develops a particular problem, then that is pretty much it forever. The same questions get asked over and over in the hope there will be a definitive answer, but the mystery never gets solved. I appreciate that it’s probably a software/hardware bug as mentioned by the more experienced members on the forum. But where does this mysterious bug lurk? Who knows? Certainly not Humax!
    All depressing stuff. I would be interested to know if anyone posting these problems has ever actually taken their faulty unit to a TV repair shop and got it sorted. If any of you have, then maybe you could cheer us all up and share your happy ending with us.

| Mon 10 Jul 2023 23:13:23 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.