My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR Freezes After Timed Recording

(4 posts)
  1. mozeyG

mozeyG

I've had my Humax PVR-9200T for many years and it's worked like a dream. However, it now has a habit of freezing after a timed recording should have ended. In other words, it still appears to be recording indefinitely! It's absolutely frozen. The only way to stop it is by turning off the switch at the rear of the set. When I switch it on again, the recorded programme is there but with no audio. An icon appears, by the recording in the menu, to show a yellow block with a green circle through it. How can I stop a recording without losing the audio?

| Tue 22 Mar 2016 0:19:26 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SHC

I had exactly the same problem after returning from holiday recently, failed recording with no audio. The green and yellow icon indicates a failed recording.
    A reset to defaults and manual retune (see the FAQS) solved the problem for me.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 6:22:42 #2 |
  3. mozeyG

mozeyG

Thanks for replying! Of course you are right, something somewhere needed to be reset. Where I think the fault lay was in the fact that I hadn't left my Humax on overnight lately in order to get the vital updates; this usually happens at about 4am! Anyway, I left it on for nearly 24hrs and, lo and behold, my timed recordings were successful again!!! I shall do a retune also as I think some of the channels have changed again since I last performed this task. Thanks again for your help.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 12:29:52 #3 |
  4. Biggles

Biggles

special member

mozeyG - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for replying! Of course you are right, something somewhere needed to be reset. Where I think the fault lay was in the fact that I hadn't left my Humax on overnight lately in order to get the vital updates; this usually happens at about 4am! Anyway, I left it on for nearly 24hrs and, lo and behold, my timed recordings were successful again!!! I shall do a retune also as I think some of the channels have changed again since I last performed this task. Thanks again for your help.

There are no vital updates to be had for the 9200 these days and any vital updates (software update) that were available years ago would only have been downloaded with the 9200 in STANDBY, not ON.

I have had the same problem with my 9200 on occasion but I usually have the audio. I have noticed that an Instant Record mainly triggers this problem in my case. Follow SHC's advice.

| Sat 26 Mar 2016 14:48:25 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.