My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR9200 Can you Identify this component please?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Deltatango

I have been breathing life into a discarded PVR9200 in the hope it would be of some use again and have been getting help from some good people here.
    I decided to add a hdmi output but wanted to let it power up along with the rest of its system using an electronic switch triggered by a low power take off from a point on the motherboard, I located 6v on a component that I have indicated in an enclosed picture, but have decided to tap into the cpu regulator input.
    I then became curious as what it did or was, sadly its legend is very faint and I have been unable to read it if anyone can help it would be great.
    I like to solve things if I can from years of fixing sick items that come my way.

Attachments

1. Humax_PVR9200_005.jpg (17.7 KB, 17 downloads) 8 years old
    2. Humax_PVR9200_005.jpg (17.7 KB, 13 downloads) 8 years old
    | Wed 11 Nov 2015 20:09:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can't you use the 5V available from the USB port ? It will be current limited and short circuit protected.

| Wed 11 Nov 2015 20:48:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Deltatango

No that socket seems to be an "in" sort type "B" I think and has no power chip to supply it 5 volts, as an "in" there would only be a need for data pair and ground for earthing.

I now use the cpu regulator input which is 3v and needs only to supply about 1mA to trigger a two transistor power switch, this then powers my hdmi board (I guess 500mA) from Humax's hard drive supply.

I just wanted to find out what that other component was and did, my pictures are rubbish though because I had not expected a 100Kb limit the last forum that had that, an International antique equipment site got themselves some software to compress in-bound images to suit.

Thank you for your interest

| Sun 15 Nov 2015 19:46:17 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.