My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR9300T

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

6stoke

I suddenly could not get the Menu icon but had a games icon at the bottom of the list. I followed the instructions in the manual to hopefully reset the PVR but to no avail. After contacting Humax, the best they could suggest was to take it to a repair shop.

Taking a chance I ordered a new HDD, WD 500gb, and fitted it and went through the setting up instructions again, but I still do not get the Menu icon.

Is there anything else I can try to resolve the problem?

| Sat 29 Aug 2020 13:44:29 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

6stoke - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is there anything else I can try to resolve the problem?

I think you have done the right things so far. What model of hard drive was the one you removed from the box and what model have you now fitted?

| Sat 29 Aug 2020 15:07:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

6stoke

The original is a WD3200AVJS, just a white label.

The replacement is a Blue WD5000AZRZ.

| Sat 29 Aug 2020 21:26:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

6stoke

This evening while watching the iPlayer on my TV with the Humax switched on, the mains power failed for about 30/60 seconds. The TV, obviously, went off and when it came on again, connected back to the Humax, it just had a message on the screen asking if I wanted to format the HDD which I did, after entering the password. The Humax is fitted with the new HDD.

I now have the full menu back again on Humax and can now start to record programs, why this happened I do not know as I had powered down the Humax by removing the plug and powering up again numerous times after removing and fitting the new HDD.

I still have the original HDD with all my recordings on but I am loath to reinstall it just in case I have problems agin.

If I have this problem again I shall have to phone the power company to cause a short break in power.

| Tue 1 Sep 2020 21:43:29 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

You should be able to do that yourself on your fuse box.

| Wed 2 Sep 2020 8:42:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

6stoke

Trev,

It was a joke about calling the electricity board.

I still do not know why a complete power failure is required when I achieved the same for the Humax by unplugging it.

| Wed 2 Sep 2020 11:10:45 #6 |
  7. Trev

Trev

special member

Yes I realised that as I am not silly enough to even think that you might be serious.
    Ah, but did you unplug it whilst it was on like wot the power cut presumably did.
    Not sure about why it might be different, but removal of the power 'just like that' does not give it time to shut down gracefully, and it seems like it has given it a metaphorical kick up the bum.

| Wed 2 Sep 2020 14:41:14 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.