My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

pvr9300t - max number of recorded programs reached

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hb44

Hi all,
    im trying to record a program but when i hit record on my remote i get a message popping up saying "the limit for the nubmer of recorded programs has been reached". i have abut 511 programs recorded, and there is about 200gb free on the hard drive. Is there any way to increase the limit of recorded programmes? would hummy or any other software mod fix this?
    Thanks!

| Sat 19 Oct 2024 12:15:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

Before I am willing to reply can you confirm the size of your Hard drive as I think you may be another bogus new member posting about a pretty much obsolete 15 year old product.

| Sat 19 Oct 2024 15:45:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hb44 - 3 hours ago  » 
    im trying to record a program but when i hit record on my remote i get a message popping up saying "the limit for the nubmer of recorded programs has been reached". i have abut 511 programs recorded, and there is about 200gb free on the hard drive. Is there any way to increase the limit of recorded programmes? would hummy or any other software mod fix this?

You have reached the limit of the filesystem for the 9300T (and the the 9200T/9150T). There is nothing you can do except delete some existing recordings. The limits on later Humax recorders are much, much larger.

| Sat 19 Oct 2024 15:50:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hb44

trog - 2 hours ago  » 
    Before I am willing to reply can you confirm the size of your Hard drive as I think you may be another bogus new member posting about a pretty much obsolete 15 year old product.

it is a 499.7gb hdd with 208.5gb free.
    sorry im not sure about the state of humax software modifications like hummy so i dont know if its possible to increase this limit? surely its wasteful to only have 500 30 min recordings on a single hard drive...

| Sat 19 Oct 2024 18:24:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hb44 - 26 mins ago  » 
    sorry im not sure about the state of humax software modifications like hummy so i dont know if its possible to increase this limit? surely its wasteful to only have 500 30 min recordings on a single hard drive...

I agree it is wasteful but the limit was set when the proprietary file system was designed for the 9200T about 20 years ago. Technology has moved on a lot since then and you need a more modern Humax PVR to have an almost unlimited number of recordings.

| Sat 19 Oct 2024 18:56:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

trog

special member

hb44 - 1 hour ago  » 

trog - 2 hours ago  » 

Martin is right, I am amazed you have gone this long without HD,is the guide even capable of listing all the channels we have these days? deletion or moving on to a newer model are your only options. I suppose you could copy your existing content elsewhere to allow for making room and Martin has the knowledge to tell you how but as you do not seem to want or need the latest trends I would strongly suggest you seek a good second hand HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder, you can greatly expand the memory, it is more reliable than any other model, it has HD and there is great custom firmware for it.

| Sat 19 Oct 2024 20:01:36 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hb44

trog - 1 hour ago  » 

hb44 - 1 hour ago  » 

trog - 2 hours ago  » 

Martin is right, I am amazed you have gone this long without HD,is the guide even capable of listing all the channels we have these days? deletion or moving on to a newer model are your only options. I suppose you could copy your existing content elsewhere to allow for making room and Martin has the knowledge to tell you how but as you do not seem to want or need the latest trends I would strongly suggest you seek a good second hand HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder, you can greatly expand the memory, it is more reliable than any other model, it has HD and there is great custom firmware for it.

yeah a new recorder would be nice, however its connected up to an old tv so HD doesnt really matter that much. i guess ill try and move my recordings elsewhere, and i can try and dig around in the forum for the awnser on how to use humaxrw. thanks anyway guys!

| Sat 19 Oct 2024 21:23:02 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.