My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR9300T various issues

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

simonali

Having a myriad of problems with my PVR and thought I'd quickly post here before launching it out of the window!

First (and the most pressing) issue, I'm not receiving BBC1 or any of the channels on the same multiplex. I have always manually tuned it to the Mendip transmitter, due to clashes with the Wenvoe one. The BBC channels are on MUX61 and I only get a black screen and the quality flicks between 0 & 40%. Unfortunately the Humax is connected to an old TV with no Freeview tuner, so it is difficult to check the installation and cabling, but there are various other digital TVs around the house that receive MUX61 perfectly well.

Other issues I have with the unit are the EPG taking many hours to populate and it not recording programmes, usually when the series link is used. I'm currently in the doghouse because I set it to record the latest series of Lewis and it hasn't recorded one episode yet!

Another problem I noticed the other day was the menu went weird. Instead of it being

Record
    Preferences
    Edit Channels
    Installation
    System

it said

Preferences
    Edit Channels
    Installation
    System
    Games

I suspect the lack of any sort of recording menu is why Lewis went AWOL...!

| Sat 2 Jun 2012 20:20:48 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Quality flickering is obviously a problem, are other muxes OK?

Has the unit previously worked OK on same serial/transmitter?

The missing record menu could be due to a HDD connection or failing HDD.

What version of software do you have on unit?

| Sun 3 Jun 2012 0:27:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

simonali

Thank you for the welcome, Barry.

Yes, all the other muxes are fine, just the channel 61 one that is playing up. I did check for transmitter issues and none were reported. It has worked fine in the past. Initially, I had been summoned to the room by the wife who was attempting to watch BBC1 and it was freezing every few seconds with a no or bad signal message appearing. I then deleted all the channels and retuned it only to get absolutely zilch afterwards, just the black screen.

The menu issue disappeared after a power cycle (only to standby, not a proper one). I believe the software is up to date and is 1.00.26?

| Mon 4 Jun 2012 0:23:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

simonali

Well, it's still the same (no MUX61), so I guess I'm off to the garage to locate my big hammer?

| Tue 5 Jun 2012 23:44:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Have you considered the possibility of poorly made connections or water ingress to the aerial cabling? This has some times been reported to give problems on a single multiplex.

| Wed 6 Jun 2012 0:13:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

simonali

I hadn't, no, mostly due to the fact that every other TV in the house connected to the same aerial is working quite happily. I have now tested your theory, however, by purchasing an exceedingly cheap digibox from Tesco and connecting it in place of the Humax, using the same SCART and aerial flylead. BBC channels now working again. Refit Humax, no BBC...

| Wed 6 Jun 2012 22:35:27 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

simonali

Just found this thread bookmarked and thought I'd update it. I got back MUX61 by doing a factory reset. I was very hesitant to do this as I'd heard your recordings get forgotten, but fortunately they were still there afterwards. Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue...

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 20:20:09 #7 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

simonali - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Just found this thread bookmarked and thought I'd update it. I got back MUX61 by doing a factory reset. I was very hesitant to do this as I'd heard your recordings get forgotten, but fortunately they were still there afterwards. Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue...

Read the manual and you wouldn't have been in any doubt. Page GB62 in my version, section 10.3 Default Setting.

Warning: Please note that once you perform default setting, all data such as channel list and user configured data are deleted, no information on the HDD will be lost.

| Thu 22 Nov 2012 21:18:08 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.