My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR9300T won't load or connect

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Muinimula

Had the PVR9300T for a couple of years. Recently, it has started to freeze up when fast-forwarding or rewinding recordings and live tv. It did this yesterday and would not respond to the remote control for several minutes, so I disconnected the box. On reconnecting, the box starts to load (version a4.39) but cannot get past the loading screen and connect to the tv. The screen goes blank, then the box tries to reload a few minutes later and fails. If it cannot load and connect, then I cannot access the menu or recordings.
    Help!

| Mon 2 Dec 2013 11:33:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Muinimula - 1 hour ago  » 
    Had the PVR9300T for a couple of years. Recently, it has started to freeze up when fast-forwarding or rewinding recordings and live tv. It did this yesterday and would not respond to the remote control for several minutes, so I disconnected the box. On reconnecting, the box starts to load (version a4.39) but cannot get past the loading screen and connect to the tv. The screen goes blank, then the box tries to reload a few minutes later and fails.

There are two different problems that can give rise to symptoms similar to yours. First thing to try is to turn the Humax off, remove the aerial and see if it will now boot. If it does then do a reset to default settings and then reconnect the aerial boot up again and do another reset to default settings. If that doesn't work and the box is out of warranty then disconnect the main leads, open the box and disconnect the lead to the hard drive. Put the lid back on and power the box up. If it will now work as a set top box without recording functionality then try formatting the disk by attaching it to a PC.

| Mon 2 Dec 2013 13:24:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Muinimula

Ok the aerial didn't make a difference, so we've now just connected the aerial to the tv. Is it possible to retrieve recordings by connecting the hard drive to a computer? Or is that a waste of time?

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 11:45:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Muinimula - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Ok the aerial didn't make a difference, so we've now just connected the aerial to the tv. Is it possible to retrieve recordings by connecting the hard drive to a computer? Or is that a waste of time?

So have you tried booting the Humax with the connections to the hard drive removed? Yes you can retrieve the recordings if you wish by connecting the drive to a PC and using humaxrw.

| Thu 5 Dec 2013 12:11:38 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.