My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Quad LMB with 2 spare outputs

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Willjohnson

Hi folks,
    I've just bought a HDR1000S box and it has 2 x SAT inputs.
    I have only one cable currently run from the dish into the room in which the box is situated and it works with only a single input.
    However, the record A whilst watching B issue has reared its head.

Now, I have a dish with a quad LMB with 4 x cables run into the loft space ready to distribute throughout the house if required.

2 of these are already used but there are still 2 spare.
    My question - Is it possible to utilise one of the spares as a 2nd input to the PVR box, or is the LMB the wrong type?

If I can use an existing spare cable, all I have to do is get it into the living room and swap the wall outlet to a duel one.

Your assistance/comments would be most appreciated.

| Thu 12 Jun 2014 13:58:57 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You should be fine to use one of the spare outputs provided the lnb is a standard universal quad lnb (Low Noise Block Downconverter).

The lnb may be a Quattro type designed to connect to a multiswitch (normally these should be connected with 4 different coloured coax cables). In this case you would need a multiswitch connected to the dish. Any of the multiswitch outlets can then be used for the second cable. If there is no switch and the two used cables go directly to satellite receivers the lnb must be a standard universal type so simply use a f to f barrel connector to connect the two cables.

Don't forget you need to do a factory reset after connecting a second cable.

| Thu 12 Jun 2014 14:15:08 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.